Miller, Kalinin in lineup tonight ...

BetweenThePipes00

I think Tallinder or Campbell will sit before Lydman. I'm not saying it should be that way but I think that is how it will shake down.

Have to agree with that, Regier needs to prove his dealings were of sound mind.

Which of course, they weren't.

If Tallinder or Campbell sits instead of Lydman, this might turn into another Connolly farce.

Connelly looks ok so far this season. I forgot how well he handles the puck. I think his commitment to conditioning, and the nhl's crackdown on holding and hooking could really do wonders for him. Right now, I would put him in the Sabres top 5 as far as playmaking. Vanek, Briere, Afinogenov, are clearly better but I would be hard pressed to think of a more creative forward on the roster besides him. The lack of playmaking skills makes Connelly a needed commodity on this roster. Don't get me wrong, I was never a big fan of his, but he may turn the corner this year. Well, we are about to find all this crap out aren't we? <_<

So far, Lydman has been the worst guy ... but like you guys said, doesn't mean he will be the one to sit ... I'd just like him to get to the point of being invisible ... doesn't have to do anything great, just stop being glaring with the mistakes. So far he has disgraced Rammer's #5 ... but I also never remember him being this bad in the past.

There is no way Lydman sits. My guess would be Fitzpatrick is the odd man out, as un-just as that is.

I remember watching Lydman in the 93-94 season, he's much better than we've seen. I wonder what the problem is.....

My money is on Tallinder taking a seat. If there was any justice, it would be Lydman.

I'm wondering if Lydman is still suffering effects of the concussion he took 1-1/2 years ago. Hockey News only had him playing 8 games in Finland last season. I don't know why he played so few. He has looked very confused on the ice in the 1st 2 games. (I didn't see the Ottawa game.) Hopefully it is just nerves as I had heard he was supposed to be decent to good. He was horrible in game 1 and adequate in game 2.

Lindy hinted toward the dreaded 11 forward/7 defenseman lineup.  I hate these games.  If one forward gets hurt all of a sudden you have soupy/Lydman playing on the wing and all hell is breaking loose.  Please don't do it Lindy!  :(

If they are really unsure whether Kalinen can make it through the game but feel they need to see what Kalinen can do, or just want to give Kalinen spot duty; I don't have a problem with the 11-7. The forward you sit is most likely Peters, who doesn't play anyhow after the midpoint of the 2nd. He only had 3 shifts in the 1st 2 games.

If Kalinen starts w/ only 6 starting, then has to come out, you are down to 5 d. That concerns me more than losing 1 forward to go to 10. Unless you are down to 8 or 9 forwards, I don't think you need to move Campbell up to wing; but he has played that spot before. It's typically easier for a d to move up to wing at the NHL level than for a forward to take a regular shift at d (Fedorov being an exception to the rule).

There is no way Lydman sits. My guess would be Fitzpatrick is the odd man out, as un-just as that is.

I remember watching Lydman in the 93-94 season, he's much better than we've seen. I wonder what the problem is.....

ooopsies!!!! I meant 03-04 :)

I don't have a problem with 11-7, especially against Pittsburgh ... might be a ton of special teams play, which will render Peters more useless than he usually is. If there is an injury, it's much easier to spread out the 11th guy's ice time among forwards ... if you have 6 defenseman and one gets hurt, Peters does you no good anyway and you are scrambling.

i think were lookin good overall... last nights game against the penguins was a just barely type win but sometimes you gotta have those... ahwell... im worried about putting mair in... he has no idea about the new system and i still think gaustad is better then mair... that pesky post was on the pens side last night...

Archived