Oh! By the way.

deluca67

hey SABRES61 what are you DELUCA's little whip boy?

don't talk economics to me cause DELUCA is the one releasing wolverines into the crowd.

I know more about it then him and i will take the challenfe person to person anytime in buffalo. Cause football isn't hockey and hockey isn't baseball hockey is hockey!

haha... no no... i disagree with him on some points as well... but i do see where he's coming from and he knows whats going on... using examples from other sports is valid... yea its different... but still it shows a good example.

15 years ago maybe comparing sports is VALID but basket ball players make 15 million hockey players make 5 million teachers make 40000 thousand and comparing baseball to hockey is not the same.

comparing tennis to golf is closer then comparing two sports that are not the same.

You have to take into a count the individulism in the sport the, revenue, the capacity of the stadium, the knowledge of the fan base, the annual income of each resident.....yadayadayada

you can't just say well tiger woods came to buffalo 100,000 people would watch but in buffalo hockey we only get 14,000????

Don't forget the Bills draw from a huge canadian market and if you've been to a bills game you would know that. Their is Ottawa, Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal in the same given area yadayadayada

so their are very many factors that sports have to compare on the same level.

ALSO it is not very often sports casters compare players from different sports or we would debate greztky, Montana, Jordan, Samprass, Nicklaus,Ruth who was the best ever......educated people do not compare apples to oranges.

ALSO it is not very often sports casters compare players from different sports or we would debate greztky, Montana, Jordan, Samprass, Nicklaus,Ruth who was the best ever......educated people do not compare apples to oranges.

Maybe up in Canada sportscasters don't compare players from one sport to another, but here in the States we have this thing called ESPN. They spend a LOT of time creating all time greatest cross sports lists. But, I wouldn't exactly call the people on ESPN "educated" ... :P

15 years ago maybe comparing sports is VALID but basket ball players make 15 million hockey players make 5 million teachers make 40000 thousand and comparing baseball to hockey is not the same.

comparing tennis to golf is closer then comparing two sports that are not the same.

You have to take into a count the individulism in the sport the, revenue, the capacity of the stadium, the knowledge of the fan base, the annual income of each resident.....yadayadayada

you can't just say well tiger woods came to buffalo 100,000 people would watch but in buffalo hockey we only get 14,000????

Don't forget the Bills draw from a huge canadian market and if you've been to a bills game you would know that. Their is Ottawa, Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal in the same given area yadayadayada

so their are very many factors that sports have to compare on the same level.

Is not 40000 thousand $40,000,000? Do teachers in Canada make that much? How much is that in US dollars? $13,000?

Archived