Oh! By the way.

deluca67

Remember that whole discussion about how the Sabres didn't need a Peter Bondra because he was over the hill? You Remember don't you?

Well here's the first Bondra update

GP 3  G 3 A 3 Pts 6 +1 PIM 4 PPG 2 Shots 13    S% 23.1

It's early but not a bad start.

Blah blah blah....

The Sabres just played the Isles, Bruins & Sens in 4 nights and walked away with two wins. Before the season started there isn't a sabres fan here that wouldn't be happy if told we'd have 4 points right now. And I noticed you seemed to be pretty quiet during those first two games, but now that they lost one your back here pissing and moaning. Your like a broken record. STFU.

Remember that whole discussion about how the Sabres didn't need a Peter Bondra because he was over the hill? You Remember don't you?

GP 3  G 3 A 3 Pts 6 +1 PIM 4 PPG 2 Shots 13    S% 23.1

I'm not taking anything away from him, but I'd like to see what he does against someone that doesn't have a falling bird on their sweaters. 6 points in 2 games vs. the Caps isn't as impressive as 6 vs an NHL caliber team that he hasn't played for. If he can keep up the pace, I will admit that I was wrong in not caring whether the Sabres went after him or not. As for now, I like our RW's. Dumont 2 goals, Max 3, Kotalik 1. Peters, 3 shifts in 1st 2 games (impressive for him).

If you are going to make that comment after only three games, I think it's safe to point out that if the season were to end today, the Sabres would be the 4th seed.

Or, "Oh, by the way, Breire has four points compared to Satan's lone goal."

But I don't think I'd say that after only a couple of games... ;)

Wanting a Bondra or similar player is fine...

But...

He's not playing for us and he's not available so what is the point of throwing stones during this part of the season. The other side of this is that Bondra may not offer the capability of playing D. The guy may not back check at all... Satan could score and he's gone.

It's easy to shoot at a sports teams management but I think it's a little early to score Bondra or Satan or Briere. If Bondra injures a knee and misses half the season, everyone would think it was a "good idea" not to sign him ... and it really has nothing to do with a decision.

The other side of any signing are the things that we DON'T know about a player. You've all heard whispers of the things that nobody talks about ( ala NFL player Joe Horn and Willy Roaf's wife rumors etc etc )...anybody have any of that insight...it would be a great email string...

Do you see my point ?

GP 3 G 3 A 3 Pts 6 +1 PIM 4 PPG 2 Shots 13 S% 23.1

Judging by this thread, I gather there's a story/history here in regards to Bondra.

FWIW, I live in Virginia and get to a handful of Caps game a year (provided the Sabres aren't on Center Ice that day). They're something of the local team, and we get to see, hear, and read about them. There's no way in the world I'd want Bondra on the Sabres. He's always had scoring ability and he's a great skater, but it's similar to Miro in my eyes. When Bondra wants to play, he's as good as they come, but the problem is that he likes to take games off. He disappears too often IMO.

4 games in 6 nights, 3 wins. There is much joy in Saberville. Except of course for Deluca who will no doubt be on here bitching about the # of fans at the game, how bad Lydman is, how soft Pyatt is and how Connolly is a waste of a roster spot.

Btw, Deluca, Connolly won 17 faceoffs and lost 3(according to nhl.com). I'm sure this stat will mean nothing to you, or the fact that he was a +1, or that he assisted on the GW.

Did I pretty much cover all your pissing and moaning or did I forget something?

NOOOOO! oh my god, we didnt get him, what idiots we are *runs away and cries in corner*

lol.

our record is 3-1-0, we have a balance of scorers and enough in monirs just in case people dont play as good as they should. Our only hole is defense. Hopefully the return of our best Dman (Kalinin) will solve that. The gradule improvement of Lydman (he did miss most of training camp with visa or suchlike problems) will also go someway to helping our cause. Good for Bondra, but im glad we didnt get him.

NOOOOO! oh my god, we didnt get him, what idiots we are *runs away and cries in corner*

our record is 3-1-0, we have a balance of scorers and enough in monirs just in case people dont play as good as they should. Our only hole is defense. Hopefully the return of our best Dman (Kalinin) will solve that. The gradule improvement of Lydman (he did miss most of training camp with visa or suchlike problems) will also go someway to helping our cause i can but hope.

i think were making the best of what we've got... so far im happy with this teams performance... if you look at our only loss... it was against possibly the best team in leauge... and we that was our 3rd game in 4 nights... they had rested for a day or 2. Hasek also seems to be back in old form... so... i think were doin alright everyone... lets just run with it and see what happens.

i disagree with deluca about conolly-i think he's finally going to contribute this year- but totally agree about bondra. last nights game is a perfect example of why the sabres should have signed peter bondra! shots and scoring chances are great, but you gotta FINISH!

I havn't seen this much cry'n since the 'New Kids" broke up. :lol:

I stand by everything I post. do you? <_<

I'll be here through out the year no matter the record. I wonder how many of you can say the same?

Oh! And by the way? I suppose everyone is a season ticket holder just like all the people who call in on the radio? I have my game tickets, do you? The Sabres attendance is a joke.

The Attendance shows one of two things.

Fans are not buying what Staus Quo is selling?

or

Sabres fans rather talk hockey then buy a ticket and watch?

Which are you?

DELUCA

or

Which are you?

UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ECONOMICS OF BUFFALO HAS TO OFFER BEFORE YOU SPEAK

Their are other reasons DELUCA then those 2 but you would rather show what you don't know

1...we could have the best team and still not sell out(which has happened)

3 Fans cannot afford the price of a Ticket in Buffalo

4 Buffalo is not a capable town to support hockey to the fullest

5 to many people like DELUCA and turns people off(my favourite)

SOMETIMES it is more to it then what you know and you dont know much!

DELUCA

or

Which are you?

UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ECONOMICS OF BUFFALO HAS TO OFFER BEFORE YOU SPEAK

Their are other reasons DELUCA then those 2 but you would rather show what you don't know

1...we could have the best team and still not sell out(which has happened)

3 Fans cannot afford the price of a Ticket in Buffalo

4 Buffalo is not a capable town to support hockey to the fullest

5 to many people like DELUCA and turns people off(my favourite)

SOMETIMES it is more to it then what you know and you dont know much!

Are you like 8 years old or something? I though you were from Canada?

Don't talk Buffalo economics to me son.

This area sells out 8 Bills Game at 76,000 fans a game. That's more than selling out 30 Sabre games. With the average price being lower for a Sabre game there is no excuse.

Unless the fans are saying something? They are. They are saying "prove it to me".

Status Quo likes to talk the talk but doesn't take a step. And Sabre fans are not fooled.

Are you like 8 years old or something? I though you were from Canada?

Don't talk Buffalo economics to me son.

This area sells out 8 Bills Game at 76,000 fans a game. That's more than selling out 30 Sabre games. With the average price being lower for a Sabre game there is no excuse.

Unless the fans are saying something? They are. They are saying "prove it to me".

Status Quo likes to talk the talk but doesn't take a step. And Sabre fans are not fooled.

wow todd... you just got owned... just shutup man... shutup... the guy lives in buffalo he knows the score... your giving Canada a bad name... go away...

I havn't seen this much cry'n since the 'New Kids" broke up. :lol:

I stand by everything I post. do you? <_<

I'll be here through out the year no matter the record. I wonder how many of you can say the same?

Oh! And by the way? I suppose everyone is a season ticket holder just like all the people who call in on the radio? I have my game tickets, do you? The Sabres attendance is a joke.

or

Which are you?

damn hell your a happy chappy. grow up and cheer up. sure our attendance is poor. but considering the amount of moaning the fans (like you) who refuse to invest money in this team, we're doing damn well do have a team, a poor attendance will go as soon as bitter old fools like you learn. This team is good.

DELUCA

This area sells out 8 BILLS Game at 76,000 fans a game. That's more than selling out 30 Sabre games. With the average price being lower for a Sabre game there is no excuse.

I AM CURIOUS DELUCA how come a hockey topic comes up and you ALWAYS bring up another sport?????????

YOU ARE NOT VERY BRIGHT because if we are a football TOWN we support football if we are a hockey TOWN we support hockey

WHAT DOES THE BILLS HAVE TO DO WITH HOCKEY??

IT IS VERY ANNOYING YOU BRING UP THE BILLS YOU BRING UP THE RED SOX

we can't we talk hockey economics without including football

READ DELUCAS POSTS IN THE PAST ALWAYS VALIDATES HIS POSTS BY CHANGING THE EXAMPLE TO ANOTHER SPORT.

HOCKEY ECONOMICS is not FOOTBALL ECONOMICS and DELUCA

my example is neither my example is a generalization of the towns economics

DONT lecture me buy becuase you can't you always bring up other crap

hey heres one

we if my kids high school game gets 10000 fans then why cant we get 10000 fans to watch paint dry?????? that is your example deluca

PEACE OUT!!!!!!

hey SABRES61 what are you DELUCA's little whip boy?

don't talk economics to me cause DELUCA is the one releasing wolverines into the crowd.

I know more about it then him and i will take the challenfe person to person anytime in buffalo. Cause football isn't hockey and hockey isn't baseball hockey is hockey!

DELUCA

This area sells out 8 BILLS Game at 76,000 fans a game. That's more than selling out 30 Sabre games. With the average price being lower for a Sabre game there is no excuse.

I AM CURIOUS DELUCA how come a hockey topic comes up and you ALWAYS bring up another sport?????????

YOU ARE NOT VERY BRIGHT because if we are a football TOWN we support football if we are a hockey TOWN we support hockey

READ DELUCAS POSTS IN THE PAST ALWAYS VALIDATES HIS POSTS BY CHANGING THE EXAMPLE TO ANOTHER SPORT.

hey heres one

we if my kids high school game gets 10000 fans then why cant we get 10000 fans to watch paint dry?????? that is your example deluca

PEACE OUT!!!!!!

I'm guessing English isn't your native language? You have good points, but you're not coming across very well.

hey heres one

we if my kids high school game gets 10000 fans then why cant we get 10000 fans to watch paint dry??????

Watching paint dry can be an enlightening experience. Assume for a moment we are watching a latex paint dry. The latex polymer in this paint consists of particles ranging in size from a couple hundred to several thousand nanonometers.

Mixed in with latex polymer is a titanium dioxide slurry, several wetting agents, defoamers, and a variety of other additives. Critical to the mix is the high and low shear rheology modifiers. These materials allow the paint to be applied evenly and flow and level during the drying process.

If you were to watch paint dry at the microscopic level, you would see titanium dixoide particles pack in a rather sytematic fashion and be surrounded by latex particles deformed by coalescence. The coalesced latex binds the tianium and holds it in place. The rheology modifiers control the rate that this happens.

Bottomline ... watching paint dry is just like the rest of life. It's an exciting process if you open your eyes and enjoy it. In a way, paint drying is just like a hockey game. It requires a number of teammates (ingredients), each performing a role and working together for combined success.

DELUCA

hey heres one

PEACE OUT!!!!!!

It's called be well rounded ;)

You can't talk WNY sports economics without the Bills. They are of the major sources of tax reveune in the region. Their economic impact on this area is vast.

I can compare the NHL with other sports because it's relevant. Fans are fans no matter the sport and atheletes are atheletes no matter the sport. They may have different skill sets and draw from different parts of the populations but sports is the one thing that transends all the social woes. :rolleyes:

Watching paint dry can be an enlightening experience. Assume for a moment we are watching a latex paint dry. The latex polymer in this paint consists of particles ranging in size from a couple hundred to several thousand nanonometers.

Mixed in with latex polymer is a titanium dioxide slurry, several wetting agents, defoamers, and a variety of other additives. Critical to the mix is the high and low shear rheology modifiers. These materials allow the paint to be applied evenly and flow and level during the drying process.

If you were to watch paint dry at the microscopic level, you would see titanium dixoide particles pack in a rather sytematic fashion and be surrounded by latex particles deformed by coalescence. The coalesced latex binds the tianium and holds it in place. The rheology modifiers control the rate that this happens.

Bottomline ... watching paint dry is just like the rest of life. It's an exciting process if you open your eyes and enjoy it. In a way, paint drying is just like a hockey game. It requires a number of teammates (ingredients), each performing a role and working together for combined success.

That's deep :unsure:

Archived