2023 Development Camp 7/2 - 7/6

LabattBlue

We’ll get a look at the 2023 draftees and maybe read about a new Buffalo Sabre or three acquired by trade or free agency….

It ought to be a loaded prospect roster….

Exciting time to be a Sabre fan….

Oh, and it’s 4th of July weekend…. 

Recalling great times on the beaches of Buffalo….

: )

Edited by B-U-F-F-A-L-O

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

Wonder if Novikov comes out if this pushing for a Sabres roster spot. Or at least a look at training camp.

Suppose it's possible with our weak defense 4-6 but I'd guess a year in Rochester. Novikov won't even be 20 until July 25th. Lots of time to develop him. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Suppose it's possible with our weak defense 4-6 but I'd guess a year in Rochester. Novikov won't even be 20 until July 25th. Lots of time to develop him. 

I guess they did the Roch dev path with Kulich despite playing pro back home, so wouldn't be a surprise if Novikov follows the same path.

8 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I guess they did the Roch dev path with Kulich despite playing pro back home, so wouldn't be a surprise if Novikov follows the same path.

Also Novikov was only playing 7-14min a night in the KHL. I don't know his average exactly but I'd guess right around 9-10min. He's gonna get a lot more in Rochester. 

• Like (+1) 1

Been there for 2 sessions each of the last 2 years. Looks to be far shorter this year. Only an hour to view them.

Might pass and just get the views from the press that covers them. Place is an absolue icebox, sitting so close. 

It did give me a positive outlook on Levi. They had these 2 on zero drills . Levi made great saves and instantly reacted to any rebounds. Portillo was painfully slow with delayed reactions, despite being a much bigger body. He didn't impress me at all. 

Kids have speed but lack NHL bodies. Need to fill out and refine their game. The pipeline is promising. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.