Severson traded to CBJ

Brawndo

Dang, Severson is GOOD.  Would have been a perfect addition for Buffalo.

That term is a little long, ages 29-36, but not disasters.

18 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I predict by next summer they will be looking for a way to move on from that deal.

I doubt it.  He is really good.

Just now, Curt said:

He wouldn't of been a great acquisition for us due to his usage as a PP QB being practically worthless to us.

He's good, not really good.

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

He wouldn't of been a great acquisition for us due to his usage as a PP QB being practically worthless to us.

He's good, not really good.

Severson has rarely been used as the primary PP QB, or put up lots of PP production in his career.  He has been used on their 2nd unit mostly.  His primary contributions, by far, are at 5-on-5.

Are you thinking of Dougie Hamilton?

11 minutes ago, Curt said:

IDK - I'd prefer Graves to Severson honestly.   I want a better defender vs. two-way guy.  Wondering though what this means for possibly getting Graves....another 3rd rounder?

With CBJ, still wondering with this addition if we could pry Jiricek from the jackets (wishful thinking), since they are loading up on defenders.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

IDK - I'd prefer Graves to Severson honestly.   I want a better defender vs. two-way guy.  Wondering though what this means for possibly getting Graves....another 3rd rounder?

Graves is a LD, as opposed to Severson being a righty, but other than that, yeah, he would be nice too.

14 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

With CBJ, still wondering with this addition if we could pry Jiricek from the jackets (wishful thinking), since they are loading up on defenders.

From the NJD perspective, they've got Hughes to take Severson's PP2 time. Graves could still hit UFA, but this definitely opens the door for the Devils to re-sign him. They can still be pretty smart about their forwards as Meier could get a long-term deal rather than the giant 1-year cap hit, and Bratt could get a bridge as well, then get a big deal when the cap goes up in a couple more years.

Columbus is as likely to trade Jiricek as Buffalo is to trade Power.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

8 years 6.25 Million AAV

strange if you ask me,

They have Jiricek, Ceulemans, Mateychuk, and Svozil in there prospect pool on defense. Intesting, I wouldn't have done that long of a term but to each their own. 

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

From the NJD perspective, they've got Hughes to take Severson's PP2 time. Graves could still hit UFA, but this definitely opens the door for the Devils to re-sign him. They can still be pretty smart about their forwards as Meier could get a long-term deal rather than the giant 1-year cap hit, and Bratt could get a bridge as well, then get a big deal when the cap goes up in a couple more years.

Columbus is as likely to trade Jiricek as Buffalo is to trade Power.

I would give them Savoie, 13, and Murray right this second without hesitation for Jiricek. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

strange if you ask me,

They have Jiricek, Ceulemans, Mateychuk, and Svozil in there prospect pool on defense. Intesting, I wouldn't have done that long of a term but to each their own. 

Columbus GM semi desperate to keep his job probably.  Can’t wait for the prospect D to develop.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Trying to win the offseason but that team needs a lot of work. Most likely will find haphazardly throwing big money at players won't work out well like most teams do.

trying to improve the team for the regular season. The offseason is when you make these moves, correct?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Trying to win the offseason but that team needs a lot of work. Most likely will find haphazardly throwing big money at players won't work out well like most teams do.

I was watching an interview where they said that CBJ HAS to overpay for players, not just because they are not a great franchise but because no one likes their coach and most players don't want to play for him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.