This might be a good thing…

Billssabres33

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If you really wanted to search for an "antichrist" figure in Sabres hockey, it is hard think of someone fitting that image better than Terry Pegula

I think you're convusing naive incompetence with malevolence.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, sabremike said:

The Rigas Family.

I don't really think so. Antichrist doesn't just mean "guy I hate who did bad things"

There needs to be an element of false presentation as savior, promising wonders, winning people over with flair (pegulabucks) before an extended reign of horror 

Edited by Randall Flagg

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't really think so. Antichrist doesn't just mean "guy I hate who did bad things"

There needs to be an element of false presentation as savior, promising wonders, winning people over with flair (pegulabucks) before an extended reign of horror 

Everything you cite applies.  

Came in as the savior when the Knox family could not carry on.  

Bought the team with money that he didn’t have/didn’t exist. 

Oversaw incredible success (relatively) for a period.  Everyone in on it, the atmosphere incredible in ‘98, ‘99 (we’ll skip right over ‘00) and ‘01.

The house of cards it was all built upon collapses and we get NHL ownership and the resultant hot garbage for several seasons… had OSP not sensed and opportunity to flip a distressed property none of us would be here.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Everything you cite applies.  

Came in as the savior when the Knox family could not carry on.  

Bought the team with money that he didn’t have/didn’t exist. 

Oversaw incredible success (relatively) for a period.  Everyone in on it, the atmosphere incredible in ‘98, ‘99 (we’ll skip right over ‘00) and ‘01.

The house of cards it was all built upon collapses and we get NHL ownership and the resultant hot garbage for several seasons… had OSP not sensed and opportunity to flip a distressed property none of us would be here.  

Fair enough. I was toddler so I guess i didnt know anything about him 

Terry's the guy of my lifetime though for sure

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

His 2 way game has improved, so now there is D in Reinhart

LOL

I think you’re mixing up players… There was never ever any issue with Reinhart helping out defensively. From the year he was drafted to present day. are you thinking Eichel maybe? THAT has definitely improved.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I think you’re mixing up players… There was never ever any issue with Reinhart helping out defensively. From the year he was drafted to present day. are you thinking Eichel maybe? THAT has definitely improved.

really just making a play on the whole d added to his name thing from the conversation above.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ddaryl said:

His 2 way game has improved, so now there is D in Reinhart

LOL

There's always been a d in Reinhardt.  You just have to know where to look.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Don't you mean condvuse?

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.