Power and Mittelstadt Extensions Next?

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Power and Mittelstadt Extensions Next?

Haven’t heard much about Power signing an extension.  I get the feeling that he is going to wait until next offseason.

Mitts signing a shorter extension (2-4 years) would be interesting.  Don’t see extensions like that signed a year early very often.

They kinda *didnt* lock up Dahlin, early, like they could have, like we are trying to see Adams do with his core, so I’d imagine he’s pushing quite hard for Power this summer so he doesn’t end up getting 10+ as well 

Dahlin at 10 would still be fair (more than, really) so considering some of the other good contracts we have I don’t see that as an issue at all. Especially not with the “no 10 mil player has ever won a cup” barrier likely falling this very playoffs 

15 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They kinda *didnt* lock up Dahlin, early, like they could have, like we are trying to see Adams do with his core, so I’d imagine he’s pushing quite hard for Power this summer so he doesn’t end up getting 10+ as well 

Dahlin at 10 would still be fair (more than, really) so considering some of the other good contracts we have I don’t see that as an issue at all. Especially not with the “no 10 mil player has ever won a cup” barrier likely falling this very playoffs 

I’m so glad that trope will die either way this season.  Florida has Barkov and Bobrovsky both at $10M and Tkachuk at $9.5M.  Vegas has Eichel at $10M, Stone at $9.5, Pieteangelo at $8.8.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I’m so glad that trope will die either way this season.  Florida has Barkov and Bobrovsky both at $10M and Tkachuk at $9.5M.  Vegas has Eichel at $10M, Stone at $9.5, Pieteangelo at $8.8.

Was only a matter of time 

5 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I’m still hoping they use Mitts in a trade to acquire a top 4 D if they don’t get a UFA. Move him while he still has value.

W/ the rumours he’s headed for a shorter term deal, if those are true at all it definitely leaves the option open 

Evolving Hockey has Power most likely deal at 6 years 6.6 Million AAV and predicts an 8 year 7.6 Million AAV as the second most likely deal. 

Mittelstadt has a two year extension at 3.76 million AAV as most likely and six year 5.55 million AAV as the second most likely option 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Evolving Hockey has Power most likely deal at 6 years 6.6 Million AAV and predicts an 8 year 7.6 Million AAV as the second most likely deal. 

Mittelstadt has a two year extension at 3.76 million AAV as most likely and six year 5.55 million AAV as the second most likely option 

Power is still an RFA after six years?

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Mitts value is concave up my friend, "still" is inappropriate here 

Exactly right.  Look at Eich and Reino in the playoffs.  Mitts will elevate in a similar fashion, I'm convinced of it.  Getting rid of him when we're just entering our playoff window would be a poor move.  Also, he provides high level forward depth even while he's contributing on the 3rd line.  Lose 1C or 2C for a few games and the team doesn't miss a beat with Casey at the bat.

• Like (+1) 4

15 hours ago, Curt said:

Haven’t heard much about Power signing an extension.  I get the feeling that he is going to wait until next offseason.

Mitts signing a shorter extension (2-4 years) would be interesting.  Don’t see extensions like that signed a year early very often.

What do you mean adams has said it about a billion times they want him long term 

15 hours ago, pastajoe said:

I’m still hoping they use Mitts in a trade to acquire a top 4 D if they don’t get a UFA. Move him while he still has value.

Yes, he does have value to his team. That's an argument to keep him, not trade him. He has proven to be a versatile player who can play on the wing and center. He also has shown that he has the talent to move up to the top line and keep it playing at an exceptional level. Why would you want to deal this player that you developed and are now getting good production from?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

What do you mean adams has said it about a billion times they want him long term 

Yeah, you are right, Adams has definitely said that he wants to extend Power.  That doesn’t necessarily mean that they will be able to come to an agreement though.  I guess I was just hoping to hear that they were close on a deal or something like that.

It’s still very early though, so I’m probably jumping the gun.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Yes, he does have value to his team. That's an argument to keep him, not trade him. He has proven to be a versatile player who can play on the wing and center. He also has shown that he has the talent to move up to the top line and keep it playing at an exceptional level. Why would you want to deal this player that you developed and are now getting good production from?

Once the talent in the pipeline is developed there may be a need to move Mitts due to cap issues, pressure from prospects or simply  having trade value for something the Sabres need.

His versatility (W or C, L1-3) is needed here. He also hasn’t hit his ceiling. Injuries have set him back a year in his development so he is just getting to the point where we can see what kind of player he is.

If JJP, Quinn, Krebs, Kulich, Savoie, Rosen, Östlund all come close to their ceilings there will be moves to be made.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Because they have plenty of offensive talent in the pipeline, but are lacking a top 4 D to pair with Power. He’s been inconsistent over his career and there’s no guarantee he won’t revert again. So strike while his stock is high, and solidify the D. We saw how they struggled when Samuelsson was injured.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.