OT - Things to do 6/10/23

inkman

So my sister in law is planning a surprise bday party for my brother’s 40th.  My job is to keep him occupied from 10:30am - 3:30pm.  I’ve been searching for festivals or anything going on during that time frame within an hour drive of Rochester.  I’m a little surprised as I haven’t found anything but maybe I’m looking in the wrong places.  Any of you degenerates know of anything going on? 

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Oh yeah, he just had knee and hernia surgery so physical activity is off the docket. 

Well sh*t.

And you probably can't just get him bombed sitting outside. I'm sure his wife wants him coherent for the party. Darn, I'm not very creative. The only 2 things I can thin of are golf and sitting and drinking. 

Fishing? But without getting tanked?

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Well sh*t.

And you probably can't just get him bombed sitting outside. I'm sure his wife wants him coherent for the party. Darn, I'm not very creative. The only 2 things I can thin of are golf and sitting and drinking. 

Fishing? But without getting tanked?

Drinking is on the table.  He outweighs me by 130 lbs so if anyone is gonna be bombed it’ll be me.  A few ideas are coming together.  A trip to the dispensary (it’s an hour drive ) for some real bday presents is possible.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Drinking is on the table.  He outweighs me by 130 lbs so if anyone is gonna be bombed it’ll be me.  A few ideas are coming together.  A trip to the dispensary (it’s an hour drive ) for some real bday presents is possible.  

Finger Lakes Race Track perhaps. 

I love going to brew pubs and just sitting and drinking. There’s gotta be some good ones near you. Genesee Brew pub looks cool, with the view of the falls.

Lock 32 looks good, too. Drinking beer and watchin boats go by never sucks. 

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I love going to brew pubs and just sitting and drinking. There’s gotta be some good ones near you. Genesee Brew pub looks cool, with the view of the falls.

Lock 32 looks good, too. Drinking beer and watchin boats go by never sucks. 

Yeah that is certainly on the table.  Just gotta make sure we can function after. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.