GDT- GAME 6: Bears @ Americans 7:05pm, TV-MSG (NYS only) & AHL TV, Radio 95.7 FM/950 AM (ROC)

PromoTheRobot

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So, Savoie played in games 3 and 4, which the Amerks lost, right?  Did he play in game 5?  Does anyone who's been watching this series have any impressions of his play?

It is hard to be fair because he has no chemistry with anyone in the line-up.  He had greater problems than his teammates coping with Heshey's game.  His offencive instincts look off the charts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

So, Savoie played in games 3 and 4, which the Amerks lost, right?  Did he play in game 5?  Does anyone who's been watching this series have any impressions of his play?

He actually played games 2 and 3 (which they lost). He didn't play game 4, which Roch also lost. But he was invisible during the 2 games. Not even a shot on goal. I'm sure he was put in the lineup just so management could watch him. I don't think Appert would've played him if it was his own decision. You don't change a lineup during a 7 game playoff winning streak, unless necessary. 

Either way, I'll be there tonight rooting the kids on. Hope it's not the last game of the season. 

GO AMERKS!!!

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I don’t know if I heard his name once. This may have also been due to my in game habits.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Played well but his size and lack of chemistry was a killer for him. Game 2 & 3 were his games. Game 2 he looked green, lots of energy but little to show for it and ran into Hershey’s defensive tactics. Game 3 he looked a bit better as he was paired with Kulich and Weisbach. Set up one the Amerks with a point blank chance as well as he showed his dynamic offensive vision. Problem was that he usually was just not strong enough to fight off Hershey checkers who would grab him to prevent his natural shiftiness and then smother him. 

In a strange way he may of looked better in an NHL game just due to the less literal clutching and grabbing involved.

Good run Amerks. A ton of growth for a lot of young players. Hat tip to the coaching staff for bringing these guys along. Impressed withMetsa again tonight.

Hershey won the series and deserved it but that 90s Devils style of play is a disgrace to the game. Just unwatchable garbage.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Good run Amerks. A ton of growth for a lot of young players. Hat tip to the coaching staff for bringing these guys along. Impressed withMetsa again tonight.

Hershey won the series and deserved it but that 90s Devils style of play is a disgrace to the game. Just unwatchable garbage.

The Capitals future.

Well, it was a disappointing night. The difference was defense and special teams. The pipeline for the Sabres defense is not good. Pilut was good all playoffs, but other than him.....oof. Amerks passing tonight was absolutely brutal as well. You have a long 5 on 3 and a goalie without a stick for most of it and you can't generate anything merely close to a scoring chance? It was frustrating watching them give up golden shot opportunities. And when they took shots, they were right into the Hershey defenders. The size difference was also very noticeable. The Bears played defense all night and were comfortable with a 1 goal lead. When you get shut out twice in a playoff series, you're prolly not winning. And the Amerks actually outshot someone for a change. But Shepard had an easy night. He really didn't have to make any hard saves. 

On to next year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.