2023 Stanley Cup Finals: Florida vs Vegas

Thorny

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

F U and your back Stone. 

Everything about Vegas annoys me, including the city itself. 

Ya, he's playing pretty good for having such a chronic injury isn't he? 

Ah well, Tampa did it too. It's the NHL way until they change the rules. 

Gudas has the best playoff beard though, Eichel might have the worst. So there's that. 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

I feel literally zero guilt where the team is concerned for routing for losses during the tank. They sold the strategy, they sold the product, they are the professionals getting paid to make the decisions. They literally said the plan was suffering, that the plan was losing. Fans who bought in then are acting with no different ultimate intent than those buying in now: we wanted the team to be right.

But, truth laid bare....I regret rooting for losses. I regret the affect it had on my mindset. I feel it was harmful and disrespectful to my own psyche as a fan of the team I love. It wasn’t a betrayal of the team, it was a self betrayal and I take personal ownership for buying into a course of action that was a mistake. I feel bad for the fans. In many ways, it led to a path that still presents strains to my fandom, still tests its durability. 

Never again can that happen

The most amusing bit of evidence I encouter against the tank nowadays is how ridiculous guys like sneaky Joe or jeremy sound having to explicitly add to every discussion on the topic a disclaimer of how objectively correct they were to support it and how they definitely do not regret that part of the strategy, just every other possible facet of the rebuild that can in theory be judged

And the fact that this insistence is increasing in its tone of quiet desperation and faux certainty over time. Because we all know that the nature of real Truth is that over time, it needs to be MORE forcefully asserted, and its opposition more isolated/mocked/expunged from reasonable debate, made into caricatures to be derided, lest it be lost forever.  Definitely how truth works, rather than the exact opposite of the truth

Truth definitely doesn't entrench with time, settle calmly into what is obvious to any good faith observer, it needs frantic and fervent zealots to police discourse on the topic to make sure we all know that the tank was good actually 

No this pattern definitely doesn't mirror to other contentious topics

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

F U and your back Stone. 

Everything about Vegas annoys me, including the city itself. 

Don’t be all butthurt. If you lived here you wouldn’t feel that way. Since they expanded to the league this team has been awesome for our city. I want someone to use Matthew Tkachuk face as a punching bag. The guy is as bad as Marchand and needs to be seriously ***** up!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Don’t be all butthurt. If you lived here you wouldn’t feel that way. Since they expanded to the league this team has been awesome for our city. I want someone to use Matthew Tkachuk face as a punching bag. The guy is as bad as Marchand and needs to be seriously ***** up!

I just don't like Vegas as a city. 

Been once, never need to go back. It's up there with Detroit and LA as places I never need to be near again. 

Also, I'm a Sabres Fan and Eichel can eat ballsack

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ya, he's playing pretty good for having such a chronic injury isn't he? 

Ah well, Tampa did it too. It's the NHL way until they change the rules. 

Gudas has the best playoff beard though, Eichel might have the worst. So there's that. 🙂

As with back-diving contracts, the rules will change when a team like Buffalo does it.

Oh, wait!  The league already fabricated different rules for the Sabres in 2007 for the Tim Connolly situation.  So, like "No Goal" and "The Hole in the Goal," it is a case of situational ethics.

7 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I just don't like Vegas as a city. 

Been once, never need to go back. It's up there with Detroit and LA as places I never need to be near again. 

Also, I'm a Sabres Fan and Eichel can eat ballsack

I was born in Buffalo and still love the Sabres but moved here at an early age because my parents wanted out of New York. I have never been to Detroit but Los Angeles a lot. Downtown LA is dirty and way too many homeless and mentally ill wandering the streets. Vegas blew up with all these California transplants ***** up our city. They drive like crazy and are like a cancer they want to change everything to be just like California. I get why everyone hates Eichel but the trade worked out great for both teams. I was a huge Tuch fan and the guy was awesome in the Vegas community. I can tell you the fans loved him when he played here. I also like Krebs as I met him after they drafted him and the kid seemed to be squared away. He’s a hard worker and a good young player. Jack came here and doesn’t have to be the guy as the core of Vegas is a solid leadership group. Plus the hiring of Cassidy has been huge for his game. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I wonder how many players league wide have winterpeg on their no trade list ?

Winterpeg is a fine town.  Just ask @Thorny and @Ducky.  They will tell you.  It gets a bad rap from many.  Myself included, but it's all in jest, at least form me.

That said, don't get me started on The Great Satan.

14 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Looks like Eichel is likely winning the Cup. Ugh. 

If home ice advantage is a thing, the Panthers only have to win one game in Vegas to break it (assuming they hold serve in Sunrise).  If they come back to Florida tied 1-1 in the series, they will have the momentum.  In the first two games, if they visitors win one, it's a victory.

29 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If home ice advantage is a thing, the Panthers only have to win one game in Vegas to break it (assuming they hold serve in Sunrise).  If they come back to Florida tied 1-1 in the series, they will have the momentum.  In the first two games, if they visitors win one, it's a victory.

The Sabres fan in me tells me that this is wrong.  (98, 99, 06, 11...)

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

35 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Sabres fan in me tells me that this is wrong.  (98, 99, 06, 11...)

IMHO, this is old thinking from back when home ice meant something.  In this era, both teams should assume that each splits in the other's barn and plan for 2-2 heading into game 5.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Winterpeg is a fine town.  Just ask @Thorny and @Ducky.  They will tell you.  It gets a bad rap from many.  Myself included, but it's all in jest, at least form me.

That said, don't get me started on The Great Satan.

Our summers are fantastic and the harshness of the winters a thing of the past (probably not for good reasons, but)

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Marvin said:

IMHO, this is old thinking from back when home ice meant something.  In this era, both teams should assume that each splits in the other's barn and plan for 2-2 heading into game 5.

Florida had won 8 straight on the road heading in

telling ya, Vegas is a different animal. Suspected Vegas vs Edmonton was the Cup for real and that may indeed be playing out 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.