GDT- GAME 5: Americans @ Bears 7:05pm, TV-MSG (NYS only) & AHL TV, Radio 95.7 FM/950 AM (ROC)

PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I listened to the Hershey feed. That late penalty Hershey took on Jobst in which Mersch scored they were convinced that Jobst held the stick and they wouldn’t let it go the rest of the game

They are pretty good announcers, but they never said how many weak calls Hershey has gotten in their favor and how many they got away with all series. Homer's gonna homie.

25 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I've lived in Rochester my whole life and still not sure why the Amerks mascot is a moose? I mean, they are the Americans and moose are way more prominent in Canada. 

Can't help you with that but miss the old late '90's Moose.  Somebody with a serious sense of humor had to have designed the costume.  The antlers looked like fallopian tubes and the face pretty much looked like a giant *****.  The hermaphrodite moose, a Ra-cha-cha original.  😄

(Note, the ***** was the anotomical term for a ball bag.  Did not expect that to get censored.)

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I listened to the Hershey feed. That late penalty Hershey took on Jobst in which Mersch scored they were convinced that Jobst held the stick and they wouldn’t let it go the rest of the game

I thought Jobst dove, but figured that turnabout is fair play.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I've lived in Rochester my whole life and still not sure why the Amerks mascot is a moose? I mean, they are the Americans and moose are way more prominent in Canada. 

It goes back to a radio station from the 80's. WBEE 92.5 used to be rock WMJQ. "Magic 92" and they had a Magic Moose mascot. The Amerks just took it over.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It goes back to a radio station from the 80's. WBEE 92.5 used to be rock WMJQ. "Magic 92" and they had a Magic Moose mascot. The Amerks just took it over.

I remember that station, and their mascot. Had no clue about the connection. Of course, there's not a lot of the 80's I remember. Thanks for the info. 

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

I thought he did hold the stick, but it was a great play. He got the call. I also didn't think the Hershey feed was overly sour about it.

It was a good game. Subban was pretty darn good. 

Let's hope they get to game seven.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You want a weak goal, that was one.

12 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Wow, Shepard just let a wheezer go by him. 

I’d certainly like the goalie to make that save but there was a little Tage effect with that shot.  Sneaky hard and unexpected.  

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

I thought he did hold the stick, but it was a great play. He got the call. I also didn't think the Hershey feed was overly sour about it.

It was a good game. Subban was pretty darn good. 

Let's hope they get to game seven.

I thought the Hershey feed was very fair. Even admitting that their player had the stick in a place it shouldn’t have been prior to a Jobst grabbing it.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Can't help you with that but miss the old late '90's Moose.  Somebody with a serious sense of humor had to have designed the costume.  The antlers looked like fallopian tubes and the face pretty much looked like a giant *****.  The hermaphrodite moose, a Ra-cha-cha original.  😄

(Note, the ***** was the anotomical term for a ball bag.  Did not expect that to get censored.)

If only that thing was wearing the old mooterus jersey that Dallas had for a couple years.  Just in case you don't know which one I mean, the middle one.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.