"Around the NHL Summer 2023:Teams Not in Finals Edition."

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Joker is a solid 4/5. On a good contract. I wouldn’t want him moved. Unless the return is Hellebuyck.

That was the point.

Friedman also said that the Devils May Trade Damon Severson’s rights before free agency. I wonder what Adams thinks of him

Say you could move Joker for Hellebuyck then turn around and trade a 4th-5th for Severson’s rights and lock him up to play with Power. Would be interesting.

21 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

That was the point.

Friedman also said that the Devils May Trade Damon Severson’s rights before free agency. I wonder what Adams thinks of him

Say you could move Joker for Hellebuyck then turn around and trade a 4th-5th for Severson’s rights and lock him up to play with Power. Would be interesting.

Joker is not the basis for a trade fir Hellebuyck.  I imagine that #13 and UPL would be the basis for a trade.

On the other hand, I think Jokiharu and a 2nd is where you start when you ask for DeMelo.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Joker is not the basis for a trade fir Hellebuyck.  I imagine that #13 and UPL would be the basis for a trade.

On the other hand, I think Jokiharu and a 2nd is where you start when you ask for DeMelo.

That’s overkill for DeMelo who is also a 1 year contract and 30 years old. I’d offer Jokiharju and maybe a 4th for him.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Read the Friedman post. They don’t want futures they want NHL players that can step into the lineup now and help.

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Friedman said what a lot of us were thinking. Dubas is the GM. He took the POHO role for the power but he will be the GM. There will be a puppet  person in the GM position but he is making all the calls.

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

Yeah, he wants the power and will probably do to his GM what Shanahan was doing to him in Toronto.

I think it will be someone from his posse, he had a lot of underlings in TO. I know there are only 32 GM positions available but I have trouble seeing an experienced GM wanting to work for Dubas.

Thanks for the real good poop on the situation.

Probably his lap dog Spezza, eh?

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Stillman used his forearm to smash into the opponents visor and knock the helmet off.  Nice technique and it saved his knuckles.

Then he lands a left with the hand holding the jersey, then the devastating right to the kisser.    That guy knows what he is going.  

Amazing camera work there.

Seravalli had an article the other day talking about trade targets around the league with some interesting tidbits.

LA have too many RHD and it looks like Walker is the odd man out there.

Colorado want a centre and will move Girard. He can play right side and is locked up for 4 more years. Something around Mitts for Girard?

Parayko or Faulk are going to be moved in St Louis.

Boston are in big cap trouble. Said Grzelcyk will probably be moved but mentioned that Carlo at $4.1 might be in the crosshairs.

Carlo+Ullmark now that would be an offseason😁 Not likely to happen but it would solve the Bruins cap issues and solve Sabres main issues as well

Edited by Flashsabre

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Read the Friedman post. They don’t want futures they want NHL players that can step into the lineup now and help.

Are you interpreting Friedman's post as meaning, "comparable, younger players on longer-term contracts"?  I thought that it would be delusional for Cheveldayoff to expect that because the other team has to decide to do Winnipeg a favour.  It would be like expecting Vasilevsky or Demko for Hellebuyck.

i thought that it was more, "now players with upside."  That's why UPL and Jokiharu are in there with picks.  I could be wrong.

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Joker is a solid 4/5. On a good contract. I wouldn’t want him moved. Unless the return is Hellebuyck.

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

That was the point.

IMHO - Joki is a 3rd pair guy, not a second....on the other hand, I'd rather have Graves instead of Severson as well....more of a shutdown top 4 than Severson.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Seravalli had an article the other day talking about trade targets around the league with some interesting tidbits.

LA have too many RHD and it looks like Walker is the odd man out there.

Colorado want a centre and will move Girard. He can play right side and is locked up for 4 more years. Something around Mitts for Girard?

Parayko or Faulk are going to be moved in St Louis.

Boston are in big cap trouble. Said Grzelcyk will probably be moved but mentioned that Carlo at $4.1 might be in the crosshairs.

Carlo+Ullmark now that would be an offseason😁 Not likely to happen but it would solve the Bruins cap issues and solve Sabres main issues as well

Interesting.  I don't know how STL can move Parayko's long-term contract without a major commitment to eating some of the salary for multiple seasons

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I tried passive aggressiveness. I will bypass snark and go right to directness: what is this thread about? And why is it pinned?

I assume its alternative title is, "Around the NHL: Teams Not in Finals Edition."

• Brawndo changed the title to "Around the NHL Summer 2023:Teams Not in Finals Edition."
20 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

If we trade Mitts now, we will regret it.  Dude is just coming into his own and is playing a style that will work in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I like this better

40 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Thompson and Cozens about $1.5M less than Suzuki and Caufield. Nice.

It's not a bad deal for Caufield... unless your standard is Tage/Cozens which are both very team friendly.  I would say Caufield's deal is more typical for that level of player (he's very close to Cozens statistically).

28 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If we trade Mitts now, we will regret it.  Dude is just coming into his own and is playing a style that will work in the playoffs.

I agree. I was just making conversation around Girard being available and Colorado looking for a centre. Girard is talented and in the age range but I think they need a more defensively inclined dman with some more size.

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Depends on the return.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I think it is really important to have 3 centres who can all play in the top 6 for extended periods as well as a 4C or 3W who can play 3C for a couple of months without missing a beat.  Mittlestadt qualifies on the former and I expect that Krebs will qualify for the latter this coming season or next.  (Neither Girgensons nor Jost really do it for me.)  This allows for multiple long-term injuries at centre during the season.

• Agree 3

34 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I think it is really important to have 3 centres who can all play in the top 6 for extended periods...  Mittlestadt qualifies on the former

I think it is important to remember that at the beginning of 2021-22, Donny's first full season as HC, he had Mitts at 1C coming out of camp.  Even with his struggles, he's worthy of that and only lost that slot due to injury in Game 1 that year.  Thrilled with the emergence of Tage at 1C, as well as Cozens' development, but that doesn't take away from Mitts' talent and the way he's overcome his injury setbacks.  The way his game has evolved I can easily picture a playoff scenario where the top line is neutralized; the second line holds its own, but the game is won by Mitts and the third line.  When the clutching and grabbing kick in I think Mitts will best be able to handle it, at least right away (I have no doubt Tage and Cozens will learn how to battle, but I think Mitts is already there).

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.