"Around the NHL Summer 2023:Teams Not in Finals Edition."

Brawndo

On 5/31/2023 at 5:52 PM, Doohickie said:

Not a good look.

Why?  It's not like the guy hasn't already held the same position. He's qualified. Why care who his family is or where they work?

44 minutes ago, LTS said:

Why?  It's not like the guy hasn't already held the same position. He's qualified. Why care who his family is or where they work?

With things like conflict of interest and nepotism, the mere appearance of these things can be a problem.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Some shuffling in the Flyers front office by Briere and Jones.

Mule’s dad is out of a job.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/philadelphia-flyers-promote-alyn-mccauley-to-assistant-gm-1.1968277

It's not twitter with a character limit.  They could have at least mentioned the positions of the three who were let go.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

We have the wrong Stillman

Of course we do!  The threads about "wrong brother" on this site have been legendary (and fun, and maybe it's time for another).  Once in a while (e.g., Reinhart) the Sabres get it right.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Of course we do!  The threads about "wrong brother" on this site have been legendary (and fun, and maybe it's time for another).  Once in a while (e.g., Reinhart) the Sabres get it right.

Tage and Tice Thompson.  

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

We have the wrong Stillman

Stillman used his forearm to smash into the opponents visor and knock the helmet off.  Nice technique and it saved his knuckles.

Then he lands a left with the hand holding the jersey, then the devastating right to the kisser.    That guy knows what he is going.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Good luck with that, Jackets.

Against popular views by some I still think he's a good coach. Can he coach today's pampered star players? idk, but if he'd learned to adapt like Tortorella seems to have (a little) he could be very successful. Mind you, it's a crap team so it won't be easy. 

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Against popular views by some I still think he's a good coach. Can he coach today's pampered star players? idk, but if he'd learned to adapt like Tortorella seems to have (a little) he could be very successful. Mind you, it's a crap team so it won't be easy. 

They had a lot of injured vets last year, and they have some young talent.  I think its a good hire and he will help them.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

If he hires a good GM that knows a thing or two about signing / drafting good D men then I think you may be right.

Friedman said what a lot of us were thinking. Dubas is the GM. He took the POHO role for the power but he will be the GM. There will be a puppet  person in the GM position but he is making all the calls.

13 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Friedman said what a lot of us were thinking. Dubas is the GM. He took the POHO role for the power but he will be the GM. There will be a puppet  person in the GM position but he is making all the calls.

Yeah, he wants the power and will probably do to his GM what Shanahan was doing to him in Toronto.

I think it will be someone from his posse, he had a lot of underlings in TO. I know there are only 32 GM positions available but I have trouble seeing an experienced GM wanting to work for Dubas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.