GDT- Bears @ Americans, 6:05pm, TV-MSG (NYS only) & AHL TV, Radio 95.7 FM/950 AM (ROC)

Porous Five Hole

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Yikes. Well it was a good run

It's a seven game series.  They're not dead yet.

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No one. There is no TV for the Amerks. Most nights Don is solo but sometimes Suzie Cool joins him. 

Sounds like Brian Duff has been doing the color on the broadcasts for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Subban is not nearly consistent enough to be a regular starter. 

You're gonna pin this on Subban? What team stopped playing after one period. 

39 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It's a seven game series.  They're not dead yet.

Yeah we are.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah we are.

Can’t blame it all on Suban, but his technique leaves a lot to be desired, especially rebound control and moving laterally. A good goalie stops two of those three 3rd period goals. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Pretty sure it’s Ric Seiling not only for home games 

Rick retired mid-season.  Since, Stevens has either been solo or occasionally he's had Duff.  (Guess he had Suzie Kool some too, but she's moved on as well.) 

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Pretty sure it’s Ric Seiling not only for home games 

Rick retired mid-season.  Since, Stevens has either been solo or occasionally he's had Duff.  (Guess he had Suzie Kool some too, but she's moved on as well.) 

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah we are.

It's not all on Subban, but he hasn't been sharp the past 3 games. And last night was the third game in a row where the Amerks disappeared after the first 5 minutes of the game. There's a lot of blame to go around, that's for sure. 

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

I'm going to ask again about whose spot Savoie is taking and whether that's a good thing for the Amerks right now.

Savoie took Cederqvist's spot for 2 games, but Cederqvist was coming back from a knee-on-knee hit in the opening round. He returned for a bit, but maybe was sore enough that it made sense for him to come out of the lineup. Cederqvist returned last game and assisted on both of the Amerks' goals.

The best thing for the Amerks right now is probably keeping Savoie in the press box as he doesn't yet play at AHL speed and Hershey plays with sufficient speed and a very sound defense to stymie WHL play-speed and Savoie and his small size. Add to that that the refs are letting Hershey play clutch-and-grab playoff hockey and it's a poor mix for him. Cederqvist and Passolt as grown adults are better options for the team. But, it was good for Savoie to see what he'll be up against in the future.

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Can’t blame it all on Suban, but his technique leaves a lot to be desired, especially rebound control and moving laterally. A good goalie stops two of those three 3rd period goals. 

Nonsense. There were no rebound issues today. Just Bears left uncovered and an inability to get the pick out of the Amerks end.

7 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

It's not all on Subban, but he hasn't been sharp the past 3 games. And last night was the third game in a row where the Amerks disappeared after the first 5 minutes of the game. There's a lot of blame to go around, that's for sure. 

Lol. He only made what? 100+ saves the last three games? Meanwhile the Amerks can't get out of their own end with the puck, or past the Bears blue line. Oh but that had nothing to do with losing three straight. C'mon!

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Yesterday the Bears weren't full on tackling, but at the end of the game, a ton went uncalled. It's annoying to see. They could still win the series without the help of the officials. Even if it was being called correctly, I still think the Amerks lose, but it would at least look a little closer. 

My biggest issue was the lack of drive to the net. Every time they got into the zone, pushing it to the net was hard work, a lot of big bears standing there, they passed it back and ended up losing control or had a bad angle shot. I didn't see that from Hershey, they were in Subban face. It's a concern I have with the Sabres and it trickles down to the Amerks. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nonsense. There were no rebound issues today. Just Bears left uncovered and an inability to get the pick out of the Amerks end.

I prefaced my initial comment by saying it wasn’t all Suban’s fault so yeah, uncovered players were an issue, no doubt. What goalie doesn’t benefit from sound D play in their own end? And perhaps I should have said “puck control” instead of “rebound” because he lost sight/control of the puck on one of their 3rd period goals and simply couldn’t move laterally to his left quick enough to stop another. Terrible technique. 

Opposing players are going to be left open during games. It’s simply part of the game. Good goalies need to make stops when that happens, especially at crunch time, especially when his teammates screwed the pooch. Malcom came up short. But as has been pointed out by others, that’s why he is an AHL goalie. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.