GDT- Bears @ Americans, 6:05pm, TV-MSG (NYS only) & AHL TV, Radio 95.7 FM/950 AM (ROC)

Porous Five Hole

The American Hockey League’s two most storied franchises continue their fourth-round playoff series tonight as the Eastern Conference Finals remain in Rochester for Game 4 at The Blue Cross Arena.

After Rochester cruised to a 5-1 victory in the series opener, the Bears responded with back-to-back wins to take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series. 

Hershey’s win in Game 3 on Saturday was the team’s fourth straight on the road. The Bears, who have won eight of their first 10 matchups in the postseason, are a perfect 4-0 on the road and have outscored the opposition 17-6 in the playoffs.

Anchored by second-year goaltender Hunter Shephard, the Bears have held the opposition to two or fewer goals in all but one of their 10 postseason games this spring, the lone execption being the Amerks’ 5-1 win in Game 1.

Thursday’s 2-0 loss in Game 2 snapped the team’s seven-game playoff win streak and was the second time this spring the Amerks were shutout in the second game of a playoff series. 

Zach Metsa scored his first professional goal in Saturday’s Game 3 loss.

Over their most recent seven-game win streak, the Amerks outscored the opposition 41-21, including 12-3 in the first period over that span.

About 50 tickets remain unsold for tonight’s game.  

More available here:

https://www.amerks.com/news/detail/game-preview-amerks-look-to-even-serires-tonight-in-game-4-against-bears

Free radio steam:

https://www.audacy.com/thefanrochester

AHL TV link ($9 per game, or $30 unlimited games):

https://www.watchtheahl.com/

Edited by Porous Five Hole

51 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Found a nondescript taco spot named Peach Blossom just around the corner from the arena. Wow, this stuff is GOOD.  

Might have to check that out next time we're downtown.  (Provided the lure of the Dinosaur isn't overwhelming.  It usually is.)

Edited by Taro T

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I went to Dinosaur in Buffalo and thought it was OK. Tried the one in Roch last year and it was a top 10 meal I've ever had 

Have only been to the Ra-cha-cha one.  (It's the 2nd one that opened.)  And they really do a great job there with a great location.

Bummer that the Buffalo one is a disappointment.

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Not shocked he was absolutely horrible last game i think thats it for him in Rochester he looks not ready at all 

I must say, I find it amusing that on one hand, there is a segment of the fan base that believe these AHL playoffs are an important part of a player’s development and yet they are expected to jump right in and play like they’ve not missed a beat. 

Amerks getting dominated in the 2nd.  Don’t think they have a shot on net and Subban has had to make 3 or 4 brilliant saves

i blame Savoie ! 

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Amerks getting dominated in the 2nd.  Don’t think they have a shot on net and Subban has had to make 3 or 4 brilliant saves

i blame Savoie ! 

Update. They got a shot

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Pretty sure it’s Ric Seiling not only for home games 

Used to be Seiling, but he's not there anymore. I think Stevens ate him. 

Well it was a nice run Rochester. But your season is all but over. Not nearly enough offense against a good physical defense and Subban is not nearly consistent enough to be a regular starter. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.