GDT - 5/27/23 - Hershey @ Rochester - Game 3 ECF - 7:05 pm

inkman

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Amerks aren't beating this team. Hershey is too big and physical. Just like the NHL, when it comes to the playoffs, size and physicality, more than not, trumps speed and finesse. Maybe the Sabres will recognize that someday. 

I really hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good right now. And I'm 100% convinced Appert was told to put Savoie in the lineup. 

Appert being told to insert a player shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. 

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Amerks aren't beating this team. Hershey is too big and physical. Just like the NHL, when it comes to the playoffs, size and physicality, more than not, trumps speed and finesse. Maybe the Sabres will recognize that someday. 

I really hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good right now. And I'm 100% convinced Appert was told to put Savoie in the lineup. 

I was waiting for this take. Doesn’t matter that the final four in the NHL featured four of the least physical teams in the league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, tom webster said:

Well how do you explain that two teams ranked in the bottom five in hits made it to the Eastern Conference final? Dallas also in the bottom five. 

Physicality doesn't just mean fighting or hitting. If you know hockey, you can be very physical and not take a penalty. Not sure why so many think the word "physical" always means fighting or hitting. 

5 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Physicality doesn't just mean fighting or hitting. If you know hockey, you can be very physical and not take a penalty. Not sure why so many think the word "physical" always means fighting or hitting. 

Maybe you can explain to me how Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, Toronto, teams I consider our top competition in the East, are more physical than Buffalo. I really want to understand.

14 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Maybe you can explain to me how Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, Toronto, teams I consider our top competition in the East, are more physical than Buffalo. I really want to understand.

It's easy. Watch how those teams play along the boards and in front of their goalie. Win puck battles and keep your goalie clean. Everything the Sabres aren't good at yet. 

Edited by Claude Balls

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Most aggravating part is the fact Rochester is far more skilled but bad refs effectively destroy that

It’s the old Flyers philosophy; if you keep committing infractions they won’t call everything, especially in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

A shame they couldn’t have a better effort with a sellout crowd. This series is over. Last year it was Laval’s speed, this year it’s Hershey’s size and physicality. It was a nice run.

Down 2-1, the series is over already? Wow.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’ll try and watch better.

I'm just being an ass because when I played when I was young, I was a physical player, but never played dirty. I just hated being referred to as a "tough guy". Back then it basically meant "goon". That was not me whatsoever. You get into one fight, and you're labeled for life. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.