GDT - 5/27/23 - Hershey @ Rochester - Game 3 ECF - 7:05 pm

inkman

Starting to look like the Thursday night game. Amerks came out buzzing again the first 5 mins. Now they are getting sloppy and being outplayed. They gotta get more pucks on net. Shepard has had it pretty easy. 80 mins now without a goal. 

3 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

I'm radio only has Savoie flashed at all? 

No

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Starting to look like the Thursday night game. Amerks came out buzzing again the first 5 mins. Now they are getting sloppy and being outplayed. They gotta get more pucks on net. Shepard has had it pretty easy. 80 mins now without a goal. 

No

That Bears defense is for real. Amerks need to find something to exploit soon.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Hershey made it physical and definitely dominated play in the 1st. 

Exactly what they did in game 2. In game 1, Hershey wasn't ready for the Amerks speed. They have adjusted well, Rochester not so much. As PTR just said, the Bears defense is no joke and they've adjusted.

Edited by Claude Balls

Amerks need more controlled zone exits and entries. Hershey always has three guys back because they got burned with speed in game one. Amerks need to stop forcing passes, dump it in, and use their speed for puck retrievals. Too many rushed and forced passes. 

50 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Savoie looking like gerbe abd not the good way 

It sounds like Savoie is looking like what I saw in the WHL Final. He's got great skill and if there's a ton of space you see it on display. But against a well-coached defense, he isn't fast enough or strong enough to create space. I'm thinking he definitely gets his NHL look to start the season, but the best for him and the Sabres will be another season in the WHL. He belongs at the AHL level to grow his game (same as Kisakov), but his age and physical maturity may call for another year in Winnipeg.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It sounds like Savoie is looking like what I saw in the WHL Final. He's got great skill and if there's a ton of space you see it on display. But against a well-coached defense, he isn't fast enough or strong enough to create space. I'm thinking he definitely gets his NHL look to start the season, but the best for him and the Sabres will be another season in the WHL. He belongs at the AHL level to grow his game (same as Kisakov), but his age and physical maturity may call for another year in Winnipeg.

The truth can be painful.

Amerks aren't beating this team. Hershey is too big and physical. Just like the NHL, when it comes to the playoffs, size and physicality, more than not, trumps speed and finesse. Maybe the Sabres will recognize that someday. 

I really hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking good right now. And I'm 100% convinced Appert was told to put Savoie in the lineup. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.