GDT 5/25/23 - Rochester at Hershey - 7pm

inkman

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not surprising. Relative to the other discussions about the roster next year, this is a perfect opportunity to collect data on where this guy is at and whether it's realistic that he has a shot of being on the NHL roster next season.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Folks who follow this team consistently:  Whose spot is Savoie taking and is it a good move for the Amerks right now?

Amerks have been going 11 forwards/7 dmen. Could be as simple as adding Savoie and going with 6 dmen tonight.

Yea it is a good move. Talent is talent.

• Thanks (+1) 2

I like the idea of adding him for Game 2. Amerks stuck it to Hershey in Game 1. The Bears will adjust and come back hard tonight. Inserting Savoie gives them something new to worry about tonight.  Game 3 in Rochester is something new for Hershey to deal with as it is. This is a good spot to drop him in the lineup.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Amerks have been going 11 forwards/7 dmen. Could be as simple as adding Savoie and going with 6 dmen tonight.

Yea it is a good move. Talent is talent.

I think that was before Weissbach returned.  Didn’t they go 12-6 last game ?   Not 100% myself 

59 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

No, they played 12/6 last game. Olischefski or Warren come out. 

Beat me to it 

14 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I worry those heavy hitters on Hershey might go after him.

Hershey tried to lay some heavy hits in game 1; speed killed them. If they spend their time running around to make hits they're going to be down 2-0 in the series right quick.

I think the more difficult thing for Savoie is if Hershey just tries to play really sound and no-space defense and try to go all-out cycle/grind in the o-zone. Add in post-whistle scrums and wrestling where they outweigh him by 30 pounds... that's a potential way to counter him and wear him down. Seattle eliminated he and his line (including top-10 pick this season Benson) in the WHL final at 5-on-5 by doing just that.

Edit: And I'm excited to see Savoie in the AHL playoffs and want him to do well. I just saw a ton of skill but not dominance from him in the WHL final. There were a bunch of players that were more noticeable in good ways than Savoie in that series.

Edited by DarthEbriate

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Awesome! Hershey had trouble handling the Amerks speed and transition game so let’s add another log on the fire.

I didn't have the opportunity to watch the Amerks this year. I was able to watch a portion of the Hershey playoff game. As you noted, what stood out to me is the team speed. The pace of play is fast. It seems that this franchise is emphasizing building a roster predicated on speed and skill more than on a physical and rugged style of play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.