GAME DISCUSSION (5/8/2006)

Pivotal part of the game was Buffalo withstanding that flurry after the second goal. Holding them to 1 goal could be huge. Miller made some great saves to keep us up. Man, the Sens were coming at us hard after that second goal.

Gotta' stop taking penalties away from the puck, too. We keep giving them chances on the PP, and that lead won't last. Emery again does not look particularly sharp tonight. We have to just start throwing pucks at him.

Yeah, we have put very little pressure on Ottawa since the second goal. No way is this lead going to hold, we need at least one more goal to have a chance.

SOG by period for Buffalo 9 4 2.

for Ottawa 15 17 6 (they have as many SOG's in 1st period as we do in the whole game)

Man, are you kidding me with Miller, tonight?!?! He has to be closing in on 45 saves in this game. This is just wave after wave after wave of Senators now, and he is stood tough in the pipes. The rest of this team has got to give him some help with at least one offensive push.

Unfortunately i have to come back again and say Congrats to the Sabres. While they again got completely dominated by The Sens, they still found a way to win - a trait often found in GREAT (not good) teams.

My game notes

- Very nice Hit by Schaefer on Connoly - unfortunate to see him go down, and hope that he is alright, however it was a good clean hit.

- Emery looked much better tonight, but still looks nervous

- I want to see Alfie benched - he just looks like he doesnt give a #%^$#! and was responsible for multiple giveaways nearly leading to goals.

- Miller was great tonight and stole the game for Buffalo - although most of the sens chances were to the exterior and not the Caliber that Buffalo's were.

- Dont harass me too much for this, but there were multiple times were Senators were tackled football/rugby style - and there was absolutely no call on the play, especially in the third - however, i dont believe that would have made a difference because Ottawa's power play looked like crap - and Buffalo was playing possessed on the PK.

Thats it for now!

Unfortunately i have to come back again and say Congrats to the Sabres. While they again got completely dominated by The Sens, they still found a way to win - a trait often found in GREAT (not good) teams.

My game notes

- Very nice Hit by Schaefer on Connoly - unfortunate to see him go down, and hope that he is alright, however it was a good clean hit.

- I want to see Alfie benched - he just looks like he doesnt give a #%^$#! and was responsible for multiple giveaways nearly leading to goals.

- Miller was great tonight and stole the game for Buffalo - although most of the sens chances were to the exterior and not the Caliber that Buffalo's were.

- Dont harass me too much for this, but there were multiple times were Senators were tackled football/rugby style - and there was absolutely no call on the play, especially in the third - however, i dont believe that would have made a difference because Ottawa's power play looked like crap - and Buffalo was playing possessed on the PK.

Thats it for now!

First of all, nice to be able exhange opinions with a fan of the opposite team. That would never have happened with The Flyers.

I would agree on most of your opinions, however I also saw OTT get away with a lot of holdings and a particularly nasty crosschecking in front of the net in the 1st, so all in all I don't think the refs were all against you tonight. I do think the officiating was poor though.

Thats it for now!

I thought the whole game should have been called better, myself. The refs whistles were intermittent at best.

My game notes

Thats it for now!

well, i'm glad you nutted up and posted some intelligent thoughts after the game. Very refreshing considering our previous opponent.

--The hit was indeed clean. Unfortunate for connolly, but its part of the game. I don't have a problem with the hit, i just have a problem dealing with the fact that a very talented member of our team is about to lindros his career due to head injuries.

--Emery gets a D. He should have gotten an incomplete, but he let in a weak weak goal to hecht. He'll have plenty to think about before wednesday's game. If the sabres had more chances, emery would have been toast.

--alfredson (that's alfie right??) played like a tin man.

--Miller played a Conn Smythe performance... no other words can describe it.

--I saw the sabres get away with a few, but i saw the senators get away with more. They both did their fair share of "penalty should have been called" plays, the sens just got called for less...

as a sens fan, i'd be very very very worried... It's one thing to lose 2 in your barn, its another to lose in a once in a lifetime game and to be stoned by a goalie, while giving up minimal chances. The series is not over, its just 2/7 over... However, the sabres have a huge advantage over what will be a very nervous senators club.

Well I may not be the first, or maybe I am but Congratulations on winning Game 2.

I only got to see the last 2 periods but I think that pretty much was the game right there since the first was a wash.

First off, I hope Connolly will be ok. I haven't seen the hit yet but it sounded pretty solid on the radio. Schaefer doesn't usually throw his weight around like that so I'll have to check it out.

As far as I could tell, Miller was spectacular. The Sabres D was better than the Sens tonight, especially when you factor in the shot count. They kept the quality shots on Goal down and capitalized once again on their opportunities. It is definetely frustrating from my side of the fence. :P

No excuses tonight, the better team won and looked dam fine doing it. Can i get the early season Sabres back for Wed and Thursday....Please :blush:

Well, kudos to the posters here on TSR! Lot's of people said earlier that if we were to win tonight, Miller would have to steal a game for us, and lo and behold!

The hit on Connolly was absolutely clean...no doubt about it. But I'll second the hopes that Timmy is good.

The Sabres need to figure out their PP somehow...they've looked like crap for most of the postseason.

Has there been a 2 on 1 that the Sabres HAVEN'T scored on? My goodness, they've been just DEADLY.

Game 3 is going to be INSANE.

Great game to watch tonight. Ottawa came full throttle and somehow the sabres came out on top, again! In the thrid period when miller had to make a few marvelous saves, and Ottawa was just pouring on the pressure, I had to remind myself to breathe, it was intense, and if ne1 knows where to get an oxygen machine I'm gonna need it for game three at HSBC if this kind of hockey keeps up!

But i'm aright w/ it as long as the sabres keep finding a way to get the all important "W"