GAME DISCUSSION (5/8/2006)

Let's have at em!

It's 10pm Sunday and I'm getting anxious. What are your thoughts/hunches/gut feelings/brains telling you? Personally, I have a bad feeling about this one, though most everyone else I talk to doesn't seem to share my reservations.

Ottawa takes it, 5-3. Empty netter for the Sens wraps it up. Vanek, Connolly and Pominville net our goals.

Going into the series, I thought Buffalo was going to win game 2, and I'm sticking with it. 3-2.

Unrelated to game 2:

If Buffalo wins this series against Ottawa, Sens fans will say it's because Ottawa choked. Guaranteed.

if Buffalo wins this series against Ottawa, Sens fans will say it's because Ottawa choked. Guaranteed.

It all depends how the series is won. If Buffalo won all four games like they did in game one, i would have to see the Sabers showed a #%^$#!-tonne of heart, but the Sens choked. However if the series is anything like i imagine it will be (wide open - end to end - tons of hits - just an amazing series) and they lose, i wont say its because they choked, i will say its because they played against the ultimate "TEAM" And if Buffalo puts Ottawa out - i fully expect them to take the cup, and deservedly so.

**EDIT

Oh, and 5-2 Sens - Marty Havlat with 2

We will be cheering them on tonight...

Ottawa is going to be coming full stride at us, But Guess what, Buffalo will be too....

Going up 2 games to non Coming Home to Buffalo is the best thing that could happen for the Sabres right now...

And then to boot, play back to back games...

To the amazement of all , the Sabres jump out to an early lead and hang on at the end for a 4-3 victory and a 2-0 series lead. Connolly continues his charge to the forefront of stardom.

GO SABRES!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

GO SABRES!!!!

Sabres play much better in their defensive zone and Miller is a bit sharper.

Sabres play a bit better in our offensive zone but Ottawa's D still has the upper hand and continues to largely stymie our dump-and-chase-and-cycle game as well as our PP. We eke out 25 shots or so vs. 32 or so for Ottawa.

Emery plays a bit better but still not that well.

Hecht returns (Vanek sits out) and plays with Briere and JP. That line continues to struggle on offense vs Chara and Redden but gets a goal on 2-on-1.

Max returns to Connolly's line and the Magic Man and Max set up Big Al for a one-timer that blows by Emery.

Drury-Grier-Roy continues to be the best line in the Eastern conference.

4-3 Sabres.

I'm thinking Sens 4-1 (including an empty netter).

It's really tough to call, though. If Hecht is back and plays all-world again we could be in for another thriller. Maybe one of the goalies will stand on their head. Maybe they'll be a bench clearing brawl! Ok...Maybe not. But it'd be fun (until Colin-oscopy got through handing out suspensions, that is).

It all depends how the series is won. If Buffalo won all four games like they did in game one, i would have to see the Sabers showed a #%^$#!-tonne of heart, but the Sens choked. However if the series is anything like i imagine it will be (wide open - end to end - tons of hits - just an amazing series) and they lose, i wont say its because they choked, i will say its because they played against the ultimate "TEAM" And if Buffalo puts Ottawa out - i fully expect them to take the cup, and deservedly so.

**EDIT

Oh, and 5-2 Sens - Marty Havlat with 2

Regardless of everyone's predictions, the fact remains that Ottawa must confront SABRESPEED?. :ph34r:

Regardless of everyone's predictions, the fact remains that Ottawa must confront SABRESPEED?. :ph34r:

Glad to see the term is now registered.

The best thing the Sabres can do is play tonight like its game 7. Go for the jugular and don't let Ottawa wipe the blood of their nose.

Since Emery has not played well in either of his last 2 performances against us, another early goal could really get into his head. If we score early, we're going to score often and expect to see Morrison come in. If Emery can make a big save or two early, it could really help his confidence.

If Emery let in a bad goal tonight, regardless of who wins tonight, Buffalo will win the series.

I think the Sabres learned a big lesson in Philly about what happens when you let up. But, these are not the Flyers, either. Sabres, 3-2 in OT.

Dude, Connolly just got effing destroyed open ice. I'll have to watch some replays of that one to see if Schaefer threw the elbow on that one. Looks like Timmy's gonna be done for a while, I hope to god he didnt get another concussion but it certainly appears that way

Dude, Connolly just got effing destroyed open ice. I'll have to watch some replays of that one to see if Schaefer threw the elbow on that one. Looks like Timmy's gonna be done for a while, I hope to god he didnt get another concussion but it certainly appears that way

Looked like an elbow or forearm on the chin to me.

BTW no Vanek tonight in case no one else said that...

how the hell do you work this chat guys? i can't get it to open.

i just watched that connolly hit on TiVo every angle/speed possible and i don't think there was anything wrong with the hit. timmy was skating a little with his head down and he was not standing/skating straight up which is why he probably ran in to his schaefer's elbow.

i guarantee you that the biggest problem is the effing elbow pads that these guys wear these guys. i guarantee it. hate don cherry all you want, and i will be surprised if he does not mention it, but Grapes made a big deal of these elbow pads that guys wear these days. they are like body armour. i remember a hit a couple years ago in a boston/montreal game that was like the same thing, and it was not a direct elbow, but the guy more ran in to the elbow. it was all b/c of these effing pads they wear....

Do you have Java? you will need that enabled to use the chat. It doesn't work through a proxy server either, and you might want to temporarily disable your firewall. you can work out the bugs with your firewall later when a game isn't on.