Tage thompson was almost traded to the leafs in 2021

Buffalonill

15 minutes ago, tom webster said:

The Tage for a 5th story was a well know story for awhile. This is the first time it’s been publicly stated it was to the Leafs. One again, the old adage that your best deals are the ones that don’t go through is reinforced.

I would probably die a little inside If he turned into what he is today with the leafs

Tage for a 5th at that point in time (or any point in time) doesn't make any sense. More likely this is someone in the Dubas camp planting stuff with Seravalli to make Dubas' departure explainable as Shanahan interference just made it impossible for Dubas to make the necessary moves. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Tage for a 5th at that point in time (or any point in time) doesn't make any sense. More likely this is someone in the Dubas camp planting stuff with Seravalli to make Dubas' departure explainable as Shanahan interference just made it impossible for Dubas to make the necessary moves. 

Why? He looked like he was going nowhere and KA could have been of the thought that trading Tage was a way to put all the ROR stuff behind the team. As I said, there have been several reports earlier regarding this but no one connected it to the Leafs till now.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

That is a fake account. Not the real Frank

Actually this looks correct too. 

This is total fake news. Sounds just like sour grapes coming out of a rival, just because Toronto sucks and this is what they have turned to to “win”. I have no doubt they offered a 5th (which is around the same the Rags offered for Eichel, I believe), but believing Buffalo would actually give him up for that (ie. a “deal in place”) is laughable. 

• SDS locked this topic