Sabres Announce that Matthew Savoie has been assigned to Rochester

Brawndo

It would be fun to see him play.  

This off season will be one of the most interesting with Savoie and Kulich fighting to make the roster.  I do not recall the Sabres ever having a stream of good prospects like this.   This group is even bigger and maybe more impactful than the Ryan Miller Amerks group.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Does this push me to make the 4 hour drive next Saturday around the lake to watch live?  Or do I just wait to see him at Sabres development camp in a month or two?  I’ll get the Kulich, Rosen and Savoie experience going which may be worth it….

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Does this push me to make the 4 hour drive next Saturday around the lake to watch live?  Or do I just wait to see him at Sabres development camp in a month or two?  I’ll get the Kulich, Rosen and Savoie experience going which may be worth it….

I’d make sure he’s going to play first 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I think he plays, but not game 1. He’ll probably arrive in Rochester today or tomorrow. The team will bus to Hershey tomorrow, so that’s a quick turnaround. Doubt they hastily throw him in like that. But by game 2 or 3, I think it should happen, especially if they’re down. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

I think he plays, but not game 1. He’ll probably arrive in Rochester today or tomorrow. The team will bus to Hershey tomorrow, so that’s a quick turnaround. Doubt they hastily throw him in like that. But by game 2 or 3, I think it should happen, especially if they’re down. 

Agreed.  He just tore up the whl playoffs, high first round draft pick.  Imo it’s in Savoie, Amerks and Sabres best interests to have him play 

• Like (+1) 1

But I thought Savoie could not play for Amerks in the playoffs because he was not on their roster list by the deadline.

If that's the case, he will just practice, get exposed to the system & develop relationships with the boys experiencing high stakes playoffs.

Either way, great to see him show up in Roch!

37 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

But I thought Savoie could not play for Amerks in the playoffs because he was not on their roster list by the deadline.

If that's the case, he will just practice, get exposed to the system & develop relationships with the boys experiencing high stakes playoffs.

That's what the rules seem to indicate.  IF he does play for Ra-cha-cha this post season, really hope that 1 of the media guys asks either Appert or Karmanos how he was allowed to play.  Because it seems he shouldn't be able to sign an ATO as he is already on an ELC with the Sabres and he was not on the Amerks roster on trade deadline day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

That's what the rules seem to indicate.  IF he does play for Ra-cha-cha this post season, really hope that 1 of the media guys asks either Appert or Karmanos how he was allowed to play.  Because it seems he shouldn't be able to sign an ATO as he is already on an ELC with the Sabres and he was not on the Amerks roster on trade deadline day.

ATO & ELC are unrelated. He can sign an ATO at any point and be put in the lineup. The fact that he’s previously signed an ELC doesn’t have an impact.  

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jävə Keith said:

He was ineligible due to his WHL team being in session still. With the Ice done, he is allowed to play in the AHL or NHL given the opportunity 

• Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

He can 100% play, the only question is if he does. 

Is the jump from whl to ahl really that large we don’t think a high end prospect like Savoie will give Amerks best shot to win?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Is the jump from whl to ahl really that large we don’t think a high end prospect like Savoie will give Amerks best shot to win?

He’s joining a team that he’s been together as currently constructed most of the season.  He’ll need to get acclimated.  I’m guessing the Amerks first home game is where he makes his debut.  Also probably depends on what the games look like.  If they need a lineup change because they are performing poorly, they have Savoie (not to mention Nadeau & Östlund) to insert into the lineup.  Guys like Warren and Olischefski are ECHL graduates that don’t bring a ton of skill.  They’ve also been playing 11 F and 7 D for most of the playoffs as well.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.