Sabres Sign Defenseman Nikita Novikov to 3 Year ELC

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Annouce they signed Defenseman Nikita Novikov to 3 Year ELC
  • Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Sign Defenseman Nikita Novikov to 3 Year ELC
9 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Do any of the knowledgeable people (unlike me) out there know if he's a candidate, or likely, to play in Rochester next year, or more likely spend another year in Putin-land?

He’ll be here. He refused to sign an extension in Russia so he could sign with Buffalo. If Buffalo were smart they would bring in a vet Russian AHL player to lead the way for these Russian kids.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Favourite late-round pick, based on the one game I watched him play.

Him, Kisakov and Neuchev will be an interesting group to watch next year in Rochester as the Sabres continue to nurture their Russian connection.

Simashev at 13?

• Like (+1) 6

Oh look they updated his weight now people cant freak out

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How many of these Russians ever play for the Sabres?  It’s funny but I think Novikov has the best chance followed by Komarov.  Neuchev is the one I’m most excited to see.  I also doubt we’ll ever see Poltapov in NA.

Yeah im going to disagree with this one  he will be on buffalo 

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How about Orlov in Buffalo?

He apparently said only Washington 

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Oh look they updated his weight now people cant freak out

Yeah im going to disagree with this one  he will be on buffalo 

He has 2 more years on his Russian contract. The Sabres have so many younger forward prospect already pushing for jobs, where does he fit in two more years. He’ll first have to play in the A to get adjusted to the NA game and culture, so at best it’s 3 years before he sniffs the NHL.  

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He apparently said only Washington 

What he said is Wash is his first choice if a deal could be worked out, but he’s open to a return to Boston as his second choice.  He also said it’s his last contract, implying he wants to get paid and I don’t think either team can afford his services. Don’t forget he was traded because Wash and he were miles apart on a new deal.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

He’ll be here. He refused to sign an extension in Russia so he could sign with Buffalo. If Buffalo were smart they would bring in a vet Russian AHL player to lead the way for these Russian kids.

All you need is Booooosh 😎

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Favourite late-round pick, based on the one game I watched him play.

Him, Kisakov and Neuchev will be an interesting group to watch next year in Rochester as the Sabres continue to nurture their Russian connection.

Simashev at 13?

Totally fine with Simashev at 13; if Reinprecht is not there.  

4 hours ago, French Collection said:

Russian teammate for Kisakov and Neuchev.

Neuchev and Kisakov were teammates on dynamo a couple of years ago 

good move for all concerned 

GMKA keeps hitting homers 

4 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

In the Athletic article, they said they tried to do that last season but couldn’t find anyone appropriate 

• Thanks (+1) 2

Does anyone know if Glovtov still belongs to Buffalo? He is 25 now and had a couple decent years in the KHL. He was well liked by teammates. He might be the best option as a guy that could play for the Amerks and be a mentor for these Russian kids. Wonder if he was interested in coming back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.