The Arizona Coyotes Arena Referendum fails to pass

Brawndo

39 minutes ago, Hank said:

I have no idea. Do they sell beer at Jazz games? Never been there. 

According to a friend of my wife's who is a head of the local Mormon Stake, no.

15 minutes ago, 4runrsnmtns said:

I have been a lurker on this board for years but I had to create an account to chime in on this. They do  sell beer at jazz games. Back to lurking I go

It should be wine or cocktails, not beer, for jazz.  

1 minute ago, steveoath said:

You need to come over to the Glasgow International Jazz Festival!

Lot of beer drunk at that!!

Steve, no offense, but a jazz festival hosted by the whitest people on the planet isn't, umm, inspiring me to international travel.  There are other reasons to go to Scotland--and I'm thinking about northern England for August, which would put me just a short ride away--but jazz?  

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Steve, no offense, but a jazz festival hosted by the whitest people on the planet isn't, umm, inspiring me to international travel.  There are other reasons to go to Scotland--and I'm thinking about northern England for August, which would put me just a short ride away--but jazz?  

Go for the jazz.  Stay for the whisky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4runrsnmtns said:

I have been a lurker on this board for years but I had to create an account to chime in on this. They do  sell beer at jazz games. Back to lurking I go

Welcome to the forum!  The seal is broken, you will be coming back and posting more I suspect  😄

Speaking of the Coyotes, Logan Cooley heading back to Minn.  I guess he has unfinished business in college and probably doesn't want to play for the Coyotes until they get their house in order (if ever).  He'll make a nice addition to the Atlanta Coyotes (and yes we have Coyotes in the ATL).

2 hours ago, 4runrsnmtns said:

Welcome to the board!

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Speaking of the Coyotes, Logan Cooley heading back to Minn.  I guess he has unfinished business in college and probably doesn't want to play for the Coyotes until they get their house in order (if ever).  He'll make a nice addition to the Atlanta Coyotes (and yes we have Coyotes in the ATL).

The team is such a punch line that I think that the NHL should roll with it and rename them the Wile E. Coyotes.

23 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Logan Cooley will look good in Blue and Gold after his college years are done… 

On 5/17/2023 at 12:06 PM, DarthEbriate said:

Well, if I'm an NHL-caliber UFA, I'm not signing in Arizona in the offseason. If I'm a fringe/tweener AHLer and this is my only shot at the big league, sure: sign me up. Except it's way too hot to live there.

If I'm Logan Cooley in the NCAA... no way in hell am I signing an ELC with this franchise and not having a stable future. There could be a new owner, GM, and city in any of the next 1-2 seasons, so I'm staying happily in Minnesota and playing my game. I'll go UFA and sign the same ELC anywhere I choose, thank you very much.

If I'm Dylan Guenther or Conor Geekie, I'm letting my agent tell them I'm happy to moved in any trade that they see fit, because I won't be signing anything beyond the minimum RFA years with this chickensh bantha fodder outfit.

On 5/19/2023 at 12:25 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is the way. If a franchise is going to have something like 5 ownership switches/reconfigurations in 20 years, leave one city for a grass-is-greener situation, not pay rent for that greener grass, have a couple scandals in the front office, forfeit a 1st round pick for rules violations, constantly tank, constantly siphon revenue sharing, and get turned down by a 3rd city who would rather have a landfill than their garbage... maybe they just don't deserve to be there. They're besmirching the good names of Khabibulin, Teppo, and... I dunno... Jason Doig.   (Doig is an OK name.)

I applaud Cooley for seeing to his best interests and hope that other players do the same. Maybe when no one wants to be there (including Auston Matthews), then Bettman will allow the franchise to move. I do hope Cooley is able to get some NIL and cash on the side while he Gophers it for a couple seasons and then hits the UFA market.

It's weird seeing all the arguments against signing in Buffalo being used here.  I assume everyone rooting against the Coyotes have their Jack Eichel uniforms at the ready for each game.

Sorry, I can't dance on the Coyote's future grave like this.  I don't like a city's fans losing their team.  But starting with deciding to build the arena in Glendale, the Coyotes have made one mistake after another, so it now feels inevitable.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Marvin said:

It's weird seeing all the arguments against signing in Buffalo being used here.  I assume everyone rooting against the Coyotes have their Jack Eichel uniforms at the ready for each game.

Sorry, I can't dance on the Coyote's future grave like this.  I don't like a city's fans losing their team.  But starting with deciding to build the arena in Glendale, the Coyotes have made one mistake after another, so it now feels inevitable.

They may not be dead yet. 

https://www.gophnx.com/2023/05/20/examining-possible-valley-sites-for-coyotes-arena/

The Fiesta Mall Site is interesting as this is the area where not only most of the premium season ticket holders are, the Mesa City Council released a statement supporting the idea and it may not require a public vote to be approved. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They may not be dead yet. 

https://www.gophnx.com/2023/05/20/examining-possible-valley-sites-for-coyotes-arena/

The Fiesta Mall Site is interesting as this is the area where not only most of the premium season ticket holders are, the Mesa City Council released a statement supporting the idea and it may not require a public vote to be approved. 

Not having to remove a landfill would also knock a year off the project, which would be a good thing.  I hope it happens, but I'm losing faith.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.