GDT: The real semifinal. Round 3.

Eleven

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm wondering if this rest will help or hurt Florida. Taking an extra week or so off for healing is very very beneficial this time of year, but then there is that "rust" that could form. 

Surprised that Dallas is clawing back a bit, they didn't look like they had a prayer after game 3

It could really hurt.  I recall Danny Gare remarking that the Sabres had 10 days off in 1980 before having to play the Islander.  He said it wasn't until game 3 that the Sabres has kicked off all if the rust.  By then, the Sabres were already down 2-0, from which they never recovered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Kristian said:

It got deflected off the D-mans stick, and made him look foolish.

If Hill doesn’t make 2-3 out of this world stops last night, it’s a 6-2 rout.

He absolutely should have stopped the 3rd goal 

regardless, the flow of play was about even and the shots were close 

5 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Eichel and Reinhart are both on stacked teams. Here they had to be THE guys.  They don’t have that pressure now. Depth is everything. 

Eichel is their best player 

Like just for the record. He was in the regular season, and he’s the betting favourite on that team for the Conn Smythe right now 

you are definitely correct depth is everything. Anyone that has to be THE guy is set up to fail. No matter the team 

Edited by Thorny

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm wondering if this rest will help or hurt Florida. Taking an extra week or so off for healing is very very beneficial this time of year, but then there is that "rust" that could form. 

Surprised that Dallas is clawing back a bit, they didn't look like they had a prayer after game 3

Could be an issue for Bob’s rhythm. If he comes back down to earth, Florida is toast 

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Could be an issue for Bob’s rhythm. If he comes back down to earth, Florida is toast 

Depends.  If Lyon does have to play and he plays like he did when Bobrovsky was out with his illness they might not miss a beat.  If instead Lyon plays like Lyon, then yes, they'd be in trouble.

Lyon's play is the biggest reason that team snuck into the last seed.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Depends.  If Lyon does have to play and he plays like he did when Bobrovsky was out with his illness they might not miss a beat.  If instead Lyon plays like Lyon, then yes, they'd be in trouble.

Lyon's play is the biggest reason that team snuck into the last seed.

Ya. Florida to mean seems to be another team in a long line of Cinderella teams we so often see who’s runs stall out come the final. Suppose we’ll see but I’ll take the West  winner

50 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya. Florida to mean seems to be another team in a long line of Cinderella teams we so often see who’s runs stall out come the final. Suppose we’ll see but I’ll take the West  winner

Paul Maurice wants to tell you a quick story.

1 minute ago, ... said:

I'm not Paul Maurice, sorry.

He was going to speak for himself I think until he remembered he hasn’t actually won a cup, me thinks 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Once upon a time there was a girl from Nantucket.

That's all I got.

I am the very model of the modern Major general 

“in a way...you are both winners. In a more accurate way, Barney is the winner.” 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

He absolutely should have stopped the 3rd goal.

Sure, if you believe he should post a shutout every night.

It was a fluke deflection off his d-mans stick, it didn’t even go short side, but found a way through his pad and his arm, so you can’t fault his positioning either.

19 hours ago, Thorny said:

Not sure just how much of a Cinderella they are.  Granted, it was with a different coach and with Huberduberdeux and Weegar rather than with Tkachuk, but this team was the top regular season team 1 year ago.  They might be the poster child for the (official*) reason the league lets 1/2 of the teams into the dance; it gives teams that either have injuries or issues gelling an opportunity to still compete for Lord Stanley's chalice even though they didn't bring their A game all year long.

And if Dallas can win this next game, we'll get to see if exhaustion is more of an issue than rust in that next round.  Expecting exhaustion would be a bigger issue, but maybe not.  Either way it should be a good series.

* We all know that's a bunch of hooey and the real reason is playoff TV (and other) revenue is where the BIG money is at.

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Someone needs to siphon their gas in the intermission or knee Eichel so his ugly mug can’t win the Cup

You guys all hate Eichel way, way more than I like him lol 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You guys all hate Eichel way, way more than I like him lol 

Lol I don’t hate Eichel I would just prefer to see Samson lift the cup. So there might be a small bit o hate during the finals.

• Like (+1) 1