GDT: The real semifinal. Round 3.

Eleven

We're all hockey fans here.... Or else we wouldn't be watching other teams playing it out. 

I don't think it's the most famous, but it may be the most difficult to acquire.... 2 months, needing to win 16 out of a possible 28 games. An intensity that has seen players endure through broken ribs, acl tears and etc.. 

Let's see a golfer deal with that... Yeah, not so much. 

My own opinion, it's the most fun trophy to watch get acquired. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

If Reino can do it, the Sabres can do it.

Good point.

I am enjoying watching him compete. He is still not strong but he uses his IQ and uses his body at the right times.

I know I am bashing the Leafs again but Marner and Nylander are similar to Reinhart but did not engage physically at all in any playoff year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Good point.

I am enjoying watching him compete. He is still not strong but he uses his IQ and uses his body at the right times.

I know I am bashing the Leafs again but Marner and Nylander are similar to Reinhart but did not engage physically at all in any playoff year.

It’s somewhat satisfying even though they aren’t here that Reinhart and Eichel have proven to be players that elevate in the playoffs, contrary to their Leaf counterparts. Dunno why, considering they aren’t even here, but somehow it is. Equity from previous Sabres vs Leafs debates I guess 

• Like (+1) 1

Reinhart is the straw that stirs the drink on any line he plays on. He’s pretty consistent, and is a terrific passer. Not to mention stays healthy. I’d take him back on the Sabres in a heartbeat. I hope he wins the cup this season.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Pimlach said:

My point was that Buffalo cannot by evaluated as a poor market by its attendance and revenues without looking at the product. Especially when it had 40 prior years, many of which it was a hotbed fir hockey.  

Your question is a good one. I consider the team’s performance, the arena, the production experience, concessions - that’s all the product.   The owner is responsible for that.  

Good stuff.  This is the kind of conversation I love.  Appreciate it.  I think Buffalo is a great market, fans certainly.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Reinhart is the straw that stirs the drink on any line he plays on. He’s pretty consistent, and is a terrific passer. Not to mention stays healthy. I’d take him back on the Sabres in a heartbeat. I hope he wins the cup this season.

He has that knack for being in position, you really can’t teach it, it’s an awareness, an anticipation, hockey smarts.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/25/2023 at 10:13 PM, Pimlach said:

My point was that Buffalo cannot by evaluated as a poor market by its attendance and revenues without looking at the product. Especially when it had 40 prior years, many of which it was a hotbed fir hockey.  

Your question is a good one. I consider the team’s performance, the arena, the production experience, concessions - that’s all the product.   The owner is responsible for that.  

Buffalo is a decent hockey market but the excuses get a little thick. If cupholders and concessions prevent you from attending games, maybe you're not as alpha as you think.

The Sabres were bad for nearly a generation. As you well know that is the primary reason for the lack of fan support. When an upcoming generation of fans have little allegiance to a failed franchise, you are not going to instantly get them back. Last season, it was evident that the fans were starting to come back in larger numbers. It takes time to win back credibility when it has been lost. 

It is evident to all that you are an alpha fan. Good for you! You should be saluted. But don't expect others, especially the younger crowd, to have that same unwavering enthusiasm that you have for this team, at least for now. 

Because of the systemic dysfunction of this organization, this franchise lost the trust of a significant portion of the fanbase. It's now steadily earning it back. You should put the blame on this suppressed market where it mostly belongs. The organization failed the fanbase; the fanbase didn't fail the organization. The fans were the abused party in this sad saga. So they invested their entertainment dollars elsewhere. That shouldn't be surprising even to an alpha fan. 

• Like (+1) 5

The theatrics especially in regards to the high stick or for that matter the non high stick reminds me of euro football. In most cases its over the top. Play through it and if the official sees fit to call it great. If not keep playing. 

Vegas has nothing left in the tank. Dallas has dug deep and found a well to tap into. Pretty interesting to witness the momentum swing.

I wonder if Hill starts the next game.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ... said:

Vegas has nothing left in the tank. Dallas has dug deep and found a well to tap into. Pretty interesting to witness the momentum swing.

I wonder if Hill starts the next game.

He let in a softee for sure.

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

The Sabres were bad for nearly a generation. As you well know that is the primary reason for the lack of fan support. When an upcoming generation of fans have little allegiance to a failed franchise, you are not going to instantly get them back. Last season, it was evident that the fans were starting to come back in larger numbers. It takes time to win back credibility when it has been lost. 

It is evident to all that you are an alpha fan. Good for you! You should be saluted. But don't expect others, especially the younger crowd, to have that same unwavering enthusiasm that you have for this team, at least for now. 

Because of the systemic dysfunction of this organization, this franchise lost the trust of a significant portion of the fanbase. It's now steadily earning it back. You should put the blame on this suppressed market where it mostly belongs. The organization failed the fanbase; the fanbase didn't fail the organization. The fans were the abused party in this sad saga. So they invested their entertainment dollars elsewhere. That shouldn't be surprising even to an alpha fan. 

Who are you talking to? You should really quote the person you are addressing. It makes it easier for us fans that are functioning at less than full capacity and aren't following along as it happens, then reading it later, to know wtf you are talking about.

Just sayin.

😀

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

Who are you talking to? You should really quote the person you are addressing. It makes it easier for us fans that are functioning at less than full capacity and aren't following along as it happens, then reading it later, to know wtf you are talking about.

Just sayin.

😀

It was @PromoTheRobot. I intended to respond directly to his post but I made a mistake in how it was submitted. That's on me. And I want it to be known that he is one of my favorite people on this site. There isn't anyone more dedicated in following this team. He travels all over the place and puts his money on the line to support the team. Sometimes he doesn't understand why his ardent support for this team isn't shared by others. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Eichel and Reinhart are both on stacked teams. Here they had to be THE guys.  They don’t have that pressure now. Depth is everything. 

They're also better, more complete, and polished players now themselves.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm wondering if this rest will help or hurt Florida. Taking an extra week or so off for healing is very very beneficial this time of year, but then there is that "rust" that could form. 

Surprised that Dallas is clawing back a bit, they didn't look like they had a prayer after game 3