Sabres Associate GM Jason Karamanos and Sam Ventura confirmed to have interviewed for Pittsburgh’s GM Position

Brawndo

I've always hoped that Adams was "handled from beneath" (no this is NOT THAT @inkman ) and him leaving basically kills the ability to do that, so time to hire Dubas and move on from Adams, who has been a C or C+.  Or move on from Adams and give it to Karamanos, which also works.  

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I've always hoped that Adams was "handled from beneath" (no this is NOT THAT @inkman ) and him leaving basically kills the ability to do that, so time to hire Dubas and move on from Adams, who has been a C or C+.  Or move on from Adams and give it to Karamanos, which also works.  

What do you mean by “handled from beneath?

If Karmanos leaves I will reluctantly fill his position. Adam's needs me, and I need Karmanos pay checks. I will hold daily meetings with my advisor committee (ALL OF YOU) to ensure I don't lose the paychecks. We'll name the daily advisors meeting thread "What would Karmanos do?".

#BYOB

😃 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

If Karmanos leaves I will reluctantly fill his position. Adam's needs me, and I need Karmanos pay checks. I will hold daily meetings with my advisor committee (ALL OF YOU) to ensure I don't lose the paychecks. We'll name the daily advisors meeting thread "What would Karmanos do?".

#BYOB

😃

They already contacted me just in case.  I’m retired.  😂 

Seriously now, I want Karmanos to stay.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

Time to hire Dubas😂😂🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think @Eleven is suggesting Kevyn Adams can't possibly be as good as he's been, and this is all Karmanos' doing, and we're doomed.

Not quite, it's...

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He means Karmanos was planting ideas in KA's head on how to be an NHL GM.

This is pretty close.  I'm not sure Adams always listened, but I did hope someone was whispering.

Eh.  Karmanos gets an offer, Sabres exceed it a bit and make him GM, with Kevyn as President of Hockey Ops.  That's basically how I got my last promotion:  interviewed outside of the organization and shortly after I got promoted in place.

Edited by Doohickie

I think people aren't giving KA enough credit here. The guy took 3 of the worst hands you could possibly have (Jack injured and demanding out, Sam a year from UFA, Risto a year from UFA after becoming the biggest LOLCOW in the sport) and got an incredible return on all 3 that few people would've thought possible.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Eh.  Karmanos gets an offer, Sabres exceed it a bit and make him GM, with Kevyn as President of Hockey Ops.  That's basically how I got my last promotion:  interviewed outside of the organization and shortly after I got promoted in place.

Was this when you lived in Detroit?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.