IIHF world championships 2023

steveoath

25 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Yep and he is a natural leader that guys like being around.  If Krebs, Quinn And  JJ can all take steps next season then look out

They played together in the AHL.  JJP and Quinn might be best with Cozens but playing them with Krebs is also a viable option.

Peterka with a bunch of personal awards but man the kid looked heart broken at the end of that game. I felt for him. Heart on his sleeve guy though, hope he brings that same level of passion back to Buffalo. 

Krebs did have a good game. We will see which of them brings what back to Buffalo for next season. Hopefully all . 

Tuch gets nada, that has to sting. Feel good for the Latvians though. Likeable team. Loved their reaction. Meant way more to them. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

One thing this tournament showed me is that everyone who has written off Peyton Krebs or views him as just filler in a trade should rethink their analysis.

He was very good with an excellent 200’ game. He was gritty and was not easy to knock off the puck. He has got some man strength now and the confidence to use it. 

Quinn was more impressive offensively but he ended up on his butt in many battles like he does in the NHL. He needs to get stronger. His offensive instincts are really good and he is equally dangerous passing or shooting.

I think they will all improve from this tournament. I only watched a few periods of Tuch playing and he didn’t look like himself. I don’t know if his brother was healthy scratched or something but I didn’t see him playing. That may have affected Alex.

21 minutes ago, Marvin said:

One thing this tournament showed me is that everyone who has written off Peyton Krebs or views him as just filler in a trade should rethink their analysis.

He competes, and there's no question he can be effective at that level, but there's still a question as to his ceiling at the NHL level. Maybe next year is his breakout, fingers crossed. 

7 minutes ago, French Collection said:

He was very good with an excellent 200’ game. He was gritty and was not easy to knock off the puck. He has got some man strength now and the confidence to use it. 

Quinn was more impressive offensively but he ended up on his butt in many battles like he does in the NHL. He needs to get stronger. His offensive instincts are really good and he is equally dangerous passing or shooting.

I think they will all improve from this tournament. I only watched a few periods of Tuch playing and he didn’t look like himself. I don’t know if his brother was healthy scratched or something but I didn’t see him playing. That may have affected Alex.

Might have been timing when viewing Tuch. He looked like Tuch when i saw him and was producing as normal.

His brother, Luke,  is an interesting case. He doesn’t have Alex’s offensive  instincts but does have the Tuch size-skating combo. He was drafted by Montreal and has one more year of college left. The Tuchs sounds like they would enjoy playing together. Does he go back to college and then head to free agency? I would bet Adams would love to add another local kid to the team. He would be a good bottom 6 winger who uses his size on the boards and in front of the net.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Said it in a different thread, Krebs looks like he could become a Gilmour-lite player with the 200' game, the feistiness, & ~75% of the scoring.  Adams really does seem to be building a well rounded team.  Granato will have a lot of looks he can give opponents up front.  Let's see if over the summer Adams can give Granato the same flexibility in net & at D.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ... said:

How much of Krebs game did he learn from KO?

He learned how to play in the defencive zone from Okposo and Girgensons.  He also leaned how to read the ice better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.