IIHF world championships 2023

steveoath

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’ve been following the sport since the Bisons were the Rangers’ farm team in the A and I have no idea what you’re referring to. Please enlighten. Thanks.

Playing garbage vets over far superior rookies because "they haven't earned it".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

Does Levi really suck in practice or something? I mean WTF?

Isn't the 1st goalie that GMs & coaches couldn't see results when evaluating but rather only size/style.  He has some pretty good company in Hasek in that club.

45 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

My Boy!!!

As an end to end and north/south skater this guy has jets. Quite impressive! If JJ and Quinn take the next step up, as Cozens did this past season, that second line is going to be stellar. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

As an end to end and north/south skater this guy has jets. Quite impressive! If JJ and Quinn take the next step up, as Cozens did this past season, that second line is going to be stellar. 

Quinn hasn’t taken off at this championship like Cozens did. He is relied upon to deliver, PP1 and last minute ice time. He just looks ready to break out, I hope it happens soon.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Levi on the bench again.  Can a coach be fired mid tournament? 😂

Montembeault was identified as #1 early on. He lost vs the Swiss but they have a decent team. Montembeault has NHL seniority but in a short tournament the leash should be arms length.

Levi should have started at least two games. He should be #2 after the Hofer shootout fiasco. He should take the net if Montembeault falters, it may be too late by then in the knockout round. Sabres fans value him more and we are probably way more in tune with his game than Team Canada’s staff but they should know his upside is higher than the other two.

Hofer should have been #3 as he was brought in late and he hasn’t proven anything at the NHL level yet.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Pity they haven't given Levi more games. Hofer was garbage but I guess they view Levi as a green rookie. Disappointing. 

Helps grow that chip on his shoulder about being too small. Two big chips on his shoulders would make up for a few inches of height.

I think he will be in the running for Canada’s go to goalie in a few years.

18 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Helps grow that chip on his shoulder about being too small. Two big chips on his shoulders would make up for a few inches of height.

I think he will be in the running for Canada’s go to goalie in a few years.

I'd like to think that Levi won't be available for team Canada.....because he will be too busy along with the rest of Sabres still competing for a Stanley Cup in the playoffs!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.