IIHF world championships 2023

steveoath

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I mean he was only a 7th round pick so he should feel fortunate he made the squad at all.

Right?

He was a 7th round pick who then went on to win two consecutive Richter awards as the best goalie in college hockey. I guess that doesn’t rate. 

47 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Sometimes it’s hard to tell. That said, it certainly appears team Canada coaches think less of him for whatever reason.

It is concerning that he can't take the net from Hofer and Montembeault.  Then again, there's no way that Canada should be losing to Switzerland and tying Norway, so maybe the coaches are the problem.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Yay Hofer!

Oops. Hofer lets in 4 of 5 in the shootout to lose it. And looked TERRIBLE doing it. 

Like... UPL bad?

Canada is giving everyone a chance... something they didn't do during the Olympics. Maybe they're just saving Levi for the knockout rounds? Right, Canada?

41 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Re: Levi not playing: Is anyone who has followed the sport for more than 5 minutes really incapable of not knowing the backwards Neanderthal thinking that infests it?

I’ve been following the sport since the Bisons were the Rangers’ farm team in the A and I have no idea what you’re referring to. Please enlighten. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Like... UPL bad?

Canada is giving everyone a chance... something they didn't do during the Olympics. Maybe they're just saving Levi for the knockout rounds? Right, Canada?

UPL bordering on Lehner bad. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.