Go Amerks!

JohninMinn.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Is it too much to ask for a better Picture I mean that s*** was terrible watching yesterday

Most of AHL TV takes the in-arena scoreboard feed. Combine that with lighting in most minor league arenas that isn't up to TV standards and this is what you get. SO no, they can't do better.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Is it too much to ask for a better Picture I mean that s*** was terrible watching yesterday

The actual TV broadcast on MSG was much better than the in-house CCTV feeds we normally get on AHL TV. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

The actual TV broadcast on MSG was much better than the in-house CCTV feeds we normally get on AHL TV. 

Would actually say the in-game footage was of comparable quality.  The production beyond in-game footage was significantly better than that of the typical AHL.tv broadcast.  And not just because we didn't hear Don Stevens yacking away with some intern when we can only hear Don's side of the exchange.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would actually say the in-game footage was of comparable quality.  The production beyond in-game footage was significantly better than that of the typical AHL.tv broadcast.  And not just because we didn't hear Don Stevens yacking away with some intern when we can only hear Don's side of the exchange.

I agree. And I appreciated the Hershey broadcast team’s deference to the MSG audience as well. They weren’t homers and were quite effusive in their praise of the Amerks all gsme.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree. And I appreciated the Hershey broadcast team’s deference to the MSG audience as well. They weren’t homers and were quite effusive in their praise of the Amerks all gsme.

They really did try to take their role as the "neutral" broadcasters of that game very seriously.  Jack Edwards could've learned a thing or 2 from them the handful of times heard him doing a national broadcast rather than that abomination of a broadcast NESN puts out.  Not to turn this into a bash Jack Edwards thread, but at least Brickley could adjust when he was doing national games and was actually pretty good in that role.  Edwards, not so much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

See the graph. Trust the science! 

I appreciate the humor. I teach my vulnerable younglings to question everything/everyone (including myself).

They would know (a majority of them at the least) to request the parameters of the graph that they are judged by.

My peeps are aware that I expect awareness.

23 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I have a good idea of your character based on what you've chosen to show us here. It's much better than mine.

You have no proof that my character exceeds your own.

Simple facts, my young friend.

57 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I appreciate the humor. I teach my vulnerable younglings to question everything/everyone (including myself).

They would know (a majority of them at the least) to request the parameters of the graph that they are judged by.

My peeps are aware that I expect awareness.

You have no proof that my character exceeds your own.

Simple facts, my young friend.

My character is #7F.

18 hours ago, Eleven said:

It was just fine 15 years ago.  I can still enjoy hockey in "reg-def."

The kids still haven't got off your lawn, have they?  😉

Amerks sent me a text offering me free tickets to Game 3.  Naturally that was if I bought season tickets for next year.  Not an endearing marketing tactic to someone like me, but I give them credit for trying to capitalize off this year's success.

Naturally hoping they win, overall.  Hoping they win 3 straight so my son and his friends, who will be at Game 4, can experience another great night.

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, the game was disappointing, but at least on MSG they fixed the picture issues they had Tuesday night.  It was an actual HD broadcast unlike whatever that was during game 1.

Okay. What happened? Score? Anything? Hello?

I'm guessing they lost?

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Okay. What happened? Score? Anything? Hello?

I'm guessing they lost?

2-0 loss.  Gave up a PP goal late in the 2nd to break the seal and then one more goal before that stanza ended.  The Kulich line had some really good pressure in the 1st, but overall Hershey wanted it more.

• Like (+1) 1

Amerks had no fire tonight. They almost looked content going home with a split. Hershey defense shut them down. The Bears were also much more physical tonight. Roch had no answers. Hopefully just a lull in the midst of a long playoff run. 

Savoie was pretty much invisible all night as well. Not sure why Appert put him in the lineup. Why change anything when you're on an 8 game roll? 

15 hours ago, LTS said:

The kids still haven't got off your lawn, have they?  😉

Amerks sent me a text offering me free tickets to Game 3.  Naturally that was if I bought season tickets for next year.  Not an endearing marketing tactic to someone like me, but I give them credit for trying to capitalize off this year's success.

Naturally hoping they win, overall.  Hoping they win 3 straight so my son and his friends, who will be at Game 4, can experience another great night.

Got the same offer, only they called me. I passed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.