Go Amerks!

JohninMinn.

16 minutes ago, Eleven said:

How awesome would it be to see some Bears fan casually stroll out to center ice munching on a hot dog with like 15 seconds left?

Sorry--more on this theme even though the game is over--I'm thinking Kruger from Seinfeld.  Or maybe even Ralph Krueger.  Just kinda casually strolling out with a NYC-style dirty water dog in hand-to-mouth while a face-off is happening in one of the ends.

No, I have not had any edibles.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Sorry--more on this theme even though the game is over--I'm thinking Kruger from Seinfeld.  Or maybe even Ralph Krueger.  Just kinda casually strolling out with a NYC-style dirty water dog in hand-to-mouth while a face-off is happening in one of the ends.

Chocolate Hershey Kiss and the hot dog flavored ice?

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Just now, inkman said:

…and I have had an edible or three. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Kramer from Seinfeld. 

26 minutes ago, inkman said:

…and I have had an edible or three. 

I really doubted that we’d ever get to the day where we can share our hobby openly. 
The shop that I visit has really awesome people, not like the stuffy, snobby places on the MA side of the border.

I’m a regular. Not quite as popular as Norm was, but the place has a friendly Cheers vibe.

I’m sorry to you young, aspiring budtenders, but I’ve been in this culture for 33 years. I’m not coming into your establishment for an education, I’m looking for some good ***** weed.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

weed is beyond lame 

For you.  For others it is different. It's not for me either, but I'm not going to call it lame as I feel that just insults those who find value in it. It's a personal thing, not harming me.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LTS said:

For you.  For others it is different. It's not for me either, but I'm not going to call it lame as I feel that just insults those who find value in it. It's a personal thing, not harming me.

No, it literally makes them lame

And yes, it harms me that whenever i go into public now everything smells like weed. It's a fitting backdrop to this stage of the play really

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Not my thing.  Caffeine isn't either.  Or beer.  None of them are lame.

Caffeine makes people sharp and interesting. Beer makes them fat. Weed makes them cringe

• Eyeroll 2

I'm 75% trolling. But when all of my friends got into weed, they became dull and varying degrees of enslaved. When they quit, they got physically fit again and earned promotions and had a bunch of kids etc. I really don't like it and "live and let live" is a boring tenet I don't fundamentally believe in. "That's just your opinion man" "Not all X" yeah yeah but we all know what we are looking at even if we don't say it out loud 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm 75% trolling. But when all of my friends got into weed, they became dull and varying degrees of enslaved. When they quit, they got physically fit again and earned promotions and had a bunch of kids etc. I really don't like it and "live and let live" is a boring tenet I don't fundamentally believe in. "That's just your opinion man" "Not all X" yeah yeah but we all know what we are looking at even if we don't say it out loud 

And I know people into weed who have not gone down that path. I suppose it's how much, how often, etc. I know enough people who are pretty straight laced who have no motivation to achieve and are just as useless.  I know people who smoke up who are not.

Live and let live is a great tenet, because unless you want me telling you how to live your life, that's exactly the tenet you should subscribe too.

Slippery slope on who gets "control" over what's right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I am the most driven, passionate human being that you could ever expect to encounter 1 on 1. 

I’ve been organizing charitable endeavors for years now.

I create opportunity, wealth and trust in anyone that I’ve ever met.

I’ve also used cannabis for 30+ years.

I’m sorry that your friends are crappy, lazy people. 

It isn’t the weed. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, LTS said:

And I know people into weed who have not gone down that path. I suppose it's how much, how often, etc. I know enough people who are pretty straight laced who have no motivation to achieve and are just as useless.  I know people who smoke up who are not.

Live and let live is a great tenet, because unless you want me telling you how to live your life, that's exactly the tenet you should subscribe too.

lts.thumb.PNG.1e4177a6e3bbbf5b390abfd3c2737f9c.PNG

You should absolutely "tell me how to live my life" if that means throwing me in jail if i ever get caught with a bong. do me the favor! 

22 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I am the most driven, passionate human being that you could ever expect to encounter 1 on 1. 

I’ve been organizing charitable endeavors for years now.

I create opportunity, wealth and trust in anyone that I’ve ever met.

I’ve also used cannabis for 30+ years.

I’m sorry that your friends are crappy, lazy people. 

It isn’t the weed. 

See the graph. Trust the science! 

In all seriousness, I've read your posts for a long time, I have a good idea of your character based on what you've chosen to show us here. It's much better than mine. That doesn't mean you're free from the weed police 

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

See the graph. Trust the science! 

In all seriousness, I've read your posts for a long time, I have a good idea of your character based on what you've chosen to show us here. It's much better than mine. That doesn't mean you're free from the weed police 

I’m an addict.  It isn’t one thing. It’s everything.  I love booze.  I love weed.  Mostly as a bi-product of availability, I was a booze hound first. It destroyed my life for over two decades.  I’m not free from that grasp but it’s not as firm.  Only because of weed. I smoke/eat an edible daily.  After dinner to bed nightly.  

it’s the only thing that has kept me from losing it all.  Booze has its grip on me but weed has made it a much more manageable.  Lame? Probably. A survival method? Most definitely. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

I’m an addict.  It isn’t one thing. It’s everything.  I love booze.  I love weed.  Mostly as a bi-product of availability, I was a booze hound first. It destroyed my life for over two decades.  I’m not free from that grasp but it’s not as firm.  Only because of weed. I smoke/eat an edible daily.  After dinner to bed nightly.  

it’s the only thing that has kept me from losing it all.  Booze has its grip on me but weed has made it a much more manageable.  Lame? Probably. A survival method? Most definitely. 

I hope you understand that i'm just f***ing around on the internet. But I hope you can free yourself from all of that. 

9 hours ago, LTS said:

Great post. 

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Sooo, any details of the game in this thread or are we just debating if weed is good or bad?

Just weed, which is not just good its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Weed does not make you lazy...... that's just an untrue stereotype... There are a tremendous amount of people in all walks of life who enjoy it, hold jobs, pay taxes, and retire with money in the bank etc...

I've probably known more Alcoholics with less ambitiion that are struggling with their health then anyone using weed.  

Now back to our regular scheduled program.... How about those AMERKS!!!!

Solid win

I have lived with chronic nerve pain for several years.  I’ve been prescribed a number of pharmaceutical options including oxy.  I hated the hard drugs and it came with a litany of side effects and other health concerns.  

My medical cannabis has helped with that nerve pain more than any other of the pharmaceutical concoctions they threw at me.  Unfortunately you damn Yankees are still living in the draconian ages and I don’t get my medicine when crossing the border.  

I’m aware of all the sceptics out there.  I also know this medicine allows me to function, run my own business, coach my boys sports teams and live a much more fulfilling life than I had been.  To each their own I guess. 

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Just weed, which is not just good its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Weed does not make you lazy...... that's just an untrue stereotype... There are a tremendous amount of people in all walks of life who enjoy it, hold jobs, pay taxes, and retire with money in the bank etc...

I've probably known more Alcoholics with less ambitiion that are struggling with their health then anyone using weed.  

Agreed.  Hour after an edible and I’m ready to clean the entire house and look after other chores I’d been putting off.  

Everyone uses substances for various reasons and if you’re a prototypical lazy pot head then thats on the individual (perhaps they’re not using an appropriate strain).  That’s not everyone though.  The stigma around cannabis use in generally is thankfully changing.  We still have a ways to go. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.