Go Amerks!

JohninMinn.

Whoa!

Lineup card messup. Amerks dress 11-7, but Warren isn't listed on the lineup sheet and is removed from the game. They're skating 10 forwards for the remainder and no one has been injured or ejected via on-ice infraction.

That's an unacceptable coaching blunder.

And it's true -- on AHL.com, Tischke is in the lineup and Warren is not listed. They officially dressed 8 defensemen!

15 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Whoa!

Lineup card messup. Amerks dress 11-7, but Warren isn't listed on the lineup sheet and is removed from the game. They're skating 10 forwards for the remainder and no one has been injured or ejected via on-ice infraction.

That's an unacceptable coaching blunder.

And it's true -- on AHL.com, Tischke is in the lineup and Warren is not listed. They officially dressed 8 defensemen!

D Mitch Eliot playing forward to fill in.

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

FYI: The Amerks ECHL affiliate Cincinnati is down 3-0 in games in the 2nd round vs Toledo.

Amerks called up one of Cinci's guys Passolt. Maybe affected morale. Maybe they can pull it together and go 4 straight. It's only the Mudhens. 😅

Amerks win! Really were the better team tonight.

First time watching them this year and really impressed with the kids making an impact.

Kulich with a goal in all 4 playoff games he has played. Kozak is built for playoff hockey.

Really impressed with Rosen. If he fills out even more then look out. 

Rousek should be a Sabre next season. Great wheels, hounds pucks and is a great playmaker.

Liked Metsa’s game for a guy just stepping into the league.

Going to Saturday’s game. Let’s make it 2-0 heading back to Rochester!

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, pastajoe said:

FYI: The Amerks ECHL affiliate Cincinnati is down 3-0 in games in the 2nd round vs Toledo.

I have to say that I don't even get this affiliation anymore.  Who on this team do we even care about??  I think the NHL should expand the number of players that can be signed in the system by 10, so that more fringe draft picks can be brought in on ELCs and make teams like the Cyclones worth caring about.  Maybe if they did and we could start these players in Cincinnati then Brandon Hagel wouldn't be playing for TB Lightning, 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cage said:

I have to say that I don't even get this affiliation anymore.  Who on this team do we even care about??  I think the NHL should expand the number of players that can be signed in the system by 10, so that more fringe draft picks can be brought in on ELCs and make teams like the Cyclones worth caring about.  Maybe if they did and we could start these players in Cincinnati then Brandon Hagel wouldn't be playing for TB Lightning, 

They provide depth for Rochester when there are callups or injuries. Most NHL/AHL teams have an affiliation. Players get signed to an AHL contract. Passolt, Pekar, and Houser all came up from Cincy to the Amerks current roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Cage said:

3 hours ago, pastajoe said:

They provide depth for Rochester when there are callups or injuries. Most NHL/AHL teams have an affiliation. Players get signed to an AHL contract. Passolt, Pekar, and Houser all came up from Cincy to the Amerks current roster.

The Cyclones are an official affiliate of the Sabres and Amerks. Almost every ECHL team has an NHL parent club. 

5 hours ago, Cage said:

In an ideal world (one that the NHL/Junior leagues won't allow to happen), all players would be eligible to play in the minor leagues, in Buffalos case for either Rochester or Cincy.  Depending on where a guy is in his development you could slot him where he best fits.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.