Tuch will play for Team USA in IIHF 2023

Eleven

15 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

What ??

Alex Tuch (and his brother) will be playing for Team USA in whatever the IIHF tournament is called.  Sorry--melatonin is starting to kick in.

OK.  Fixed title.  Goodnight.  Also isn't it like 5 am in Nova Scotia?

Edited by Eleven

• Eleven changed the title to Tuch will play for Team USA in IIHF 2003
  • Eleven changed the title to Tuch will play for Team USA in IIHF 2023
1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Has Tuch ever dropped the gloves when playing for the Sabres? I can't recall.

hockeyfights.com does not have any fights listed after 2018 but I don't know how reliable that is.  I don't remember him fighting as a Sabre.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

hockeyfights.com does not have any fights listed after 2018 but I don't know how reliable that is.  I don't remember him fighting as a Sabre.

2 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Looks like he has one fighting major in his NHL career, with Vegas in 2018.

I'm also seeing a fight in the 2020 playoffs -- that one is not on HF.com

28 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Are there any ramifications for fighting there? I thought it was 5 minutes and a game, maybe more in international hockey.

It was an exhibition game, so no.  If it were the tournament there would have been more penalties.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Looks like he has one fighting major in his NHL career, with Vegas in 2018.

59 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Hmmmm.  Looks like he only has 8 PIM that playoffs.  I dunno.  

I do not intend to give oxygen to reply-guy-a.ssholeism ... but, like some of them, I am prompted to wonder: Why is an international exhibition game against Germany the first time I'm seeing Tuch in a scrap?

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I do not intend to give oxygen to reply-guy-a.ssholeism ... but, like some of them, I am prompted to wonder: Why is an international exhibition game against Germany the first time I'm seeing Tuch in a scrap?

Yeah I had the same reaction.  Dude if you’re gonna drop em there, you should probably done it once or twice for your Buffalo boys.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah I had the same reaction.  Dude if you’re gonna drop em there, you should probably done it once or twice for your Buffalo boys.  

Yes and to take it a step further… If one’s tipping point of whether or not you want someone to be the captain is if whether or not they drop the gloves once in a blue moon in the NHL 2023 … That’s pretty sad in my opinion. Fighting should be the absolute last thing that should tip the scales of whether or not you want someone to be the captain of your hockey team in 2023+. Grit, sandpaper, feistiness, physicality, or whatever cute word one wants to use to describe a player who “gets in the face” of the opposition. I can see that being useful and effective. But fighting in todays NHL is rather useless more or less. Fighting in the NHL in the 60s 70s and 80s, is a completely different mindset. Tuch fighting at an exhibition game doesn’t move the needle at all.

38 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yes and to take it a step further… If one’s tipping point of whether or not you want someone to be the captain is if whether or not they drop the gloves once in a blue moon in the NHL 2023 … That’s pretty sad in my opinion. Fighting should be the absolute last thing that should tip the scales of whether or not you want someone to be the captain of your hockey team in 2023+. Grit, sandpaper, feistiness, physicality, or whatever cute word one wants to use to describe a player who “gets in the face” of the opposition. I can see that being useful and effective. But fighting in todays NHL is rather useless more or less. Fighting in the NHL in the 60s 70s and 80s, is a completely different mindset. Tuch fighting at an exhibition game doesn’t move the needle at all.

A very occasional - even "out of character" - fight is indicative of someone who's willing to put it all on the line for his teammates.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Watch how the team reacts when Krebs or Cozens drops em. 

It's obvious. I'm actually pretty ambivalent on whether fighting should still be tolerated. But when a guy gets into an honest fight -- nothing staged about it, something that happens in the moment -- his teammates get the message loud and clear: I care about you guys. Watch this. This is how much I care about you.

Blocked shots seem to have a similar effect.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.