Evolving Hockey Contract Projections 2023 Offseason

Brawndo

The Evolving Hockey Website put out its contract projections for the upcoming offseason. 

They have Dahlin signing an 8 year 10.5 Million AAV extension 

Power 6 years at 6.6 Million AAV 

Jost 3 years at 2 Million

Okposo 1 at 1.1 Million

Zemgus 3 at 2.2 Million

They do have latter signing with different teams though. I imagine that would be the case with Zemgus. 

Orlov is 5 at 6.3 

Gavrikov is 4 years at 4.5 (that’s very doable for the Sabres)

Anyone else anyone is interested in? 

Note these are the most likely term and dollars, they do have different lengths and term if anyone is interested 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

The Evolving Hockey Website put out its contract projections for the upcoming offseason. 

Okposo 1 at 1.1 Million

Zemgus 3 at 2.2 Million

I'd be good with all of those.

Okposo 1 at 1.1 Million

Zemgus 3 at 2.2 Million

They do have latter signing with different teams though. I imagine that would be the case with Zemgus. 

Orlov is 5 at 6.3 

Note these are the most likely term and dollars, they do have different lengths and term if anyone is interested 

I think the number for Dahlin and Power are close. Kyle’s works for Buffalo or Minnesota, Girgs works if he stays, he’ll get more elsewhere and I see no way Buffalo gives Jost $2M.

Okposo 1 at 1.1 Million

Zemgus 3 at 2.2 Million

Orlov is 5 at 6.3 

These all look doable, except I'm not giving Jost or Z more than a 2-year deal.  I doubt KA would go 5 years on Orlov, but 4 on Gavrikov makes more sense from a Sabres point of view.  

3 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I think the number for Dahlin and Power are close. Kyle’s works for Buffalo or Minnesota, Girgs works if he stays, he’ll get more elsewhere and I see no way Buffalo gives Jost $2M.

If Z gets more elsewhere, G-d bless him and I hope he'll be happy elsewhere.  Jost Q offer is 2.25.  

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Ryan Graves and Matt Dumba?

Graves 4 years 4.75 Million AAV

Dumba 6 years 6.26 Million AAV

Power on an 8 Year Deal is 7.5 Million , 6.7  Million for 7 years

Still a  huge bargain for Power

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Minnesota just signed Marcus Johansson for 2 years 2 Million AAV, that probably takes them out of the Okposo Sweeps. 

15 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Graves 4 years 4.75 Million AAV

Dumba 6 years 6.26 Million AAV

Gavrikov or Graves would be excellent at that same Muel-rate and role. Just need to convince them that the Sabres are the next Devils -- ready to make the leap and stay on top for quite some time.

Stay away from Dumba at 6 years.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

They're blinding me with science again!

Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful!

2 hours ago, tom webster said:

I know, I don’t think they qualify him at that.

If he thinks he can get more somewhere else, we have a bunch of guys in Rochester ready to replace him.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Okposo 1 at 1.1 Million

Zemgus 3 at 2.2 Million

Orlov is 5 at 6.3 

Is $6.6 realistic for Power?  I'd guess he would not sign for less than $8 million for that much term....but what do I know....

Minnesota just signed Marcus Johansson for 2 years 2 Million AAV, that probably takes them out of the Okposo Sweeps. 

Probably. I’ve been under siege at what is supposed to be my semi- retirement job so I’ve been out of the loop for about a month.

16 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

No way does Zemgus and Jost get 3 year contracts. They may not get any offer.

Zemgus is a lot more respected than a lot of people in this board realize. Buffalo wants him back but know he’s probably going to get a real offer to move on.

7 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Is $6.6 realistic for Power?  I'd guess he would not sign for less than $8 million for that much term....but what do I know....

He is still a RFA when his rookie contract is up so the cost is controlled some. Its up to Power to sign a contract extension early for a significant pay raise, or wait a couple of years till the rookie deal expires and get a moderately better RFA contract deal then, So its take significantly more money for immediate future or push it out and wait for a bigger payday

Edited by ddaryl

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Probably. I’ve been under siege at what is supposed to be my semi- retirement job so I’ve been out of the loop for about a month.

Zemgus is a lot more respected than a lot of people in this board realize. Buffalo wants him back but know he’s probably going to get a real offer to move on.

You’re good. I started a new position last week myself 

Would a 1.1 offer to KO be an insult?  He had 28 pts last year.  My guess is a 1 yr 2.5 deal would be more appropriate.  

Z has produced 15-19 pts each year for the last 7 seasons.  I'm not offering anything over the 2.2 he earns right now and I'm not going beyond 2 years.

We simply have too much talent coming up and already have enough leaders (Tuch, Cozens etc) to cover that need.   Truthfully we need more physical players on the 4th line than Z or KO.  If it were up to me, I'd move on from both, but that isn't how KA works.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Okposo 1 at 1.1 Million

Zemgus 3 at 2.2 Million

Orlov is 5 at 6.3 

Not paying Power 6 years, either 8 or bridge

Based on Thompson and Cozens I could see Dahlin signing for 9.9mil for 8 years

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.