Frank Servalli’s Summer Tradebait Board

Brawndo

Parayko would have been a great fit 3-4 years ago. Not ideal now but has some value for sure. Has the experience and his name on Lord Stanley's Cup. A RHD that would be a nice fit to mentor and team with Owen for a year or two, or more. Parayko also offers the ability to play up on first pairing should Rasmas or Muel be injured. Provides some seasoned leadership from outside that can show the whole team what is needed to make playoff runs year in and year out.

On 4/29/2023 at 3:56 AM, Crusader1969 said:

6’6 heavy player, who can skate 
 Dman who’s has been very good for the Flames and matured both off and on the ice 

1 year left on his deal and could be had for a 2nd round pick and 2nd tier prospect 

seems Iike a good idea for our bottom pair IMHO

Also a former sabre that blasted them on the way out in the O'reilly trade.

10 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Zadorov the few times I seen him play, he always wants to go for the big hit and goes out of position or hits too late.   

Yea, he’s not someone I’d want back. He hurts his teams often with the penalties he takes. On a deep team he’s barely a #5/6 IMO. Besides the year that just happened, he’s never played in full season. Banged up a lot because of the style of play. And at 28, it’s a safe assumption to say that he will just get more banged up as he gets older. Hard pass.

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Risto Jr

I’m just wondering if you have any evidence of this over the last 2 years ?

all I hear / read from flames fans and commentators is how is game has matured 

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yea, he’s not someone I’d want back. He hurts his teams often with the penalties he takes. On a deep team he’s barely a #5/6 IMO. Besides the year that just happened, he’s never played in full season. Banged up a lot because of the style of play. And at 28, it’s a safe assumption to say that he will just get more banged up as he gets older. Hard pass.

You wouldn’t consider the flames D deep? 
and yes I want him on the bottom pair 

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

We said that about Risto too because we wanted to believe it.

I’m not sure about that.  Pretty sure Risto has a lot of detractors. 
If the Sabres are interested in Zadorov, I’m sure they will do their due diligence.   I believe what I’m hearing about his game and think he would be a great pick up for the bottom pair 

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

We said that about Risto too because we wanted to believe it.

I’m not convinced anyone ever claimed Risto’s game matured.

The claim you are thinking of is, Risto would be better matched on a lower pair.  I doubt his game maturing there was the rationale, lol.

• Like (+1) 2

That's what Torts has decided too. Risto is on a lower pair and his responsibilities have been reduced and simplified. He is capable of a simple game and that's about it. 

There are many ways I can see the D fixed. Too many to list, but it does require a few moves. 

the one I like the best:

Trade for Parayko and for Gryzelyk. 

Possibly take Reilly off Boston's hands (cap) for the last year of his deal in the Gryzelyk deal to make the price bargain basement low (they make the move for cap issues). 

Your D becomes:  Samuelsson-Dahlin, Power-Parayko, Gryzelyk-Lybushkin,  extra pairing Stillman-Jokiharju, Reilly as a Rochester call up along with Clague. A deep and balanced D. 

Then draft at least 2 D men in every draft now and forever. 

This is more draft related but I was reading on Sportsnet about the Bruins issues this summer.

They have $4.5M to their 23/24 cap because of bonuses to Bergeron and Krejci.

Swayman and Debrusk are RFAs and due raises.

They probably can’t keep their deadline acquisitions, Orlov Bertuzzi and Hathaway due to cap constraints. Those guys probably don’t take team friendly deals there as they have no history with the team and they want to cash in being UFAs.

Their only draft pick in the first 3 rounds of the next two drafts is a 3rd rounder ‘23.

Can they struggle to make the playoffs next year? I know good organizations find a way but this sounds like a team the Sabres can overtake.

On 5/2/2023 at 9:41 PM, Huckleberry said:

Also a former sabre that blasted them on the way out in the O'reilly trade.

So what? He criticized the organization for trading a teammate. What's the problem with that and what's so unusual about that? He expressed an opinion about a teammate who was dealt. 

I'm not arguing for acquiring this particular player. What I am saying is that players on teams have relationships, some are very close. So a player expressing his displeasure in some form shouldn't be an issue. The issue for any targeted player in a trade or from the free agent market is whether he wants to be here or not. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

A Risto type of player for the third or fourth pairing is a player I would consider bringing in. 

I know what you mean but I would like a guy with a better defensive game and IQ.

I would sacrifice most of the offense a guy like that brings. I want the size to push people around, a willingness to block shots, PK expertise and the ability to get the puck up the ice.

7 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I know what you mean but I would like a guy with a better defensive game and IQ.

I would sacrifice most of the offense a guy like that brings. I want the size to push people around, a willingness to block shots, PK expertise and the ability to get the puck up the ice.

I suspect that guys with more defensive ability and game IQ aren’t 3rd and 4th pair guys.

You are gonna get a D man with flaws if you are targeting to upgrade the 5-7 D spots.

• Agree 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/seven-potential-off-season-suitors-for-jets-connor-hellebuyck/

What would you be willing to give up for Hellebuyck and Demelo or Pionk?

Hellebuyck has one more year at $6.2 and then is a UFA. Making a deal for him and one of the D would be 1 stop shopping.

13th OA, UPL, Joker would be a solid offer. The question is how long do you want Hellebuyck. You would have to sign him to an extension to keep him long term. Or is he just a one year rental while Levi takes over. That is a lot to give up for 1 year of Hellebuyck but it would easily put you in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

I suspect that guys with more defensive ability and game IQ aren’t 3rd and 4th pair guys.

You are gonna get a D man with flaws if you are targeting to upgrade the 5-7 D spots.

There will be flaws for sure.

I’m just of the opinion that I don’t care at all about a guy’s offense from the third pairing. I just want a stay at home nasty vet, like a Gudas.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/seven-potential-off-season-suitors-for-jets-connor-hellebuyck/

Hellebuyck has one more year at $6.2 and then is a UFA. Making a deal for him and one of the D would be 1 stop shopping.

13th OA, UPL, Joker would be a solid offer. The question is how long do you want Hellebuyck. You would have to sign him to an extension to keep him long term. Or is he just a one year rental while Levi takes over. That is a lot to give up for 1 year of Hellebuyck but it would easily put you in the playoffs.

That’s a solid offer for one year of Hellebuyck. DeMelo is from around London so he may want to be in Buffalo.

If you re-sign Hellebuyck, you are essentially blocking Levi. However, Helle can be moved later when Levi is 100% ready.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

If you re-sign Hellebuyck, you are essentially blocking Levi. However, Helle can be moved later when Levi is 100% ready.

What's wrong with Helle and Levi as 1A and 1B, 50-50 if Levi is in fact ready?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Add DeMelo to the trade and I'd be interested as long as Reinbacher doesn't fall to 13.

13, UPL, and Jokiharju for 1 year deals on Hellebuyck and DeMelo seems fair.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.