Larry Quinn - Ownership stake under OSP

LabattBlue

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you forgetting his first stent?

Not a-tall.  Nor his first stint.  The Sabres weren't setting the world on fire in the mid-1990s, either, although they did win the division under Quinn once then.

Edited by Eleven

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why did this question come to you in late April of 2023

Ok, I will fess up…I have had this question loaded and ready to go since OSP sold the team, but decided for no good reason that I would just hold onto it until 4/2023. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

LB plays the long game.

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

Not a-tall.  Nor his first stint.  The Sabres weren't setting the world on fire in the mid-1990s, either, although they did win the division under Quinn once then.

Well, always thought he had nice hair. And he got through the arctic aneurysm like a trooper. Good guy.

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Why does it even matter? And for the record at least in the 1990’s Buffalo Sabres made the playoffs and also the 1990’s Buffalo had the Buffalo Bandits, Buffalo Blizzard, Buffalo Destroyers, Buffalo Stampede and Buffalo local college basketball downtown all either champions or playoff contender. Larry Quinn got Buffalo tenants I had season tickets for all those Buffalo sports teams. PSE with Terry Pegula sucks on that alone. I will take Larry Quinn any day over the absolute dysfunction of PSE ownership under the leadership of Terry Pegula. I don’t let Terry Pegula any where near a Buffalo Key Bank Center renovation he sucks booking Buffalo sports teams for Key Bank Center. Make Key Bank Center active with new Buffalo teams in indoor soccer, arena/indoor football so we can have fun again. It didn’t matter if the Buffalo Sabres were mediocre in the 1990’s we had a lot more Buffalo sports entertainment besides the Buffalo Sabres downtown. The Buffalo Bandits won three championships in the 1990’s 1992, 1993, 1996 and the Buffalo Stampede RHI roller hockey won a Murphy Cup championship in 1994.

We haven’t won anything under that incompetent Terry Pegula that some idiot Buffalo fans see that incompetent fool as some kind of Buffalo savior he is an idiot that didn’t added to the Key Bank Center offerings. Local college basketball is non existent today that alone is a disgrace with PSE but there saviors no there incompetent takers that run a low level operation just watching there franchise value go up for basically do very little to improve the quality of life in Buffalo. PSE has done nothing for growing events at Key Bank Center. Sell the Buffalo Sabres, Buffalo Bandits and the Key Bank Center to someone that gets it like Larry Quinn. Arena football and indoor soccer has combined payrolls for both teams as much as a loser 4th line Buffalo Sabres player today. That is what Larry Quinn got and Terry Pegula doesn’t get.

The Buffalo Sabres can’t guarantee winning and can’t carry the arena themselves. The more teams Buffalo has under Key Bank Center the better the chances for a championship which changes fans perception of ownership. I am sorry but people don’t see PSE pays more for coaches and GM’s to go away that could be used for a whole year salaries of the one of three arena/indoor football choices Arena Football League coming back next year, IFL Indoor Football League or NAL National Arena League and MASL Major Arena Soccer League indoor soccer. Bring the Buffalo Destroyers and Buffalo Blizzard back it charges your image as a loser owner because Buffalo can compete in small leagues like that for championships which changes negatively and perception but Terry Pegula too much of a idiot to understand that in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, Larry Quinn, who brought you the slug and who let Briere and Drury walk away, "gets it."  It is amazing that this guy, who was universally loathed here 13 years ago, is now being lionized in these pages.

No. No straw men please.

Speaking for myself anyway, all I noted is that relative to today, whether Larry was the cause or just along for the ride, his dentures were associated with Better Days.

15 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Well, always thought he had nice hair. And he got through the arctic aneurysm like a trooper. Good guy.

No one will deny that he has good hair. A "good guy," he mos def is not. Unless your definition of that term is warped.

9 hours ago, Buffalo Sabres Fan said:

someone that gets it like Larry Quinn.

Good to know a family member and/or crony of Larry's is still prowling this little ol' message board.

Edit: May need to expand the above beyond family members and cronies. Although, I'm honestly unsure what other varietal of Buffalo-booster would extol Quinn in this way. The logorrhea aside, the rant above is bizarre.

Edited by That Aud Smell

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Good hockey guy? I don't know anything about him personally.

Good hockey guy? Ehhh. I would not say that.

Good business guy? I think that's fair.

You're fond of that position: That you know nothing - and really can't profess to know anything - about a public figure like Quinn. I don't buy that. People in positions like that communicate plenty about who and how they are, personally. And we are entitled to reach our own conclusions about them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.