OT - AITAH?

Contempt

40 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Definitely not from WNY. Banned. I fought the ranch on wings crusade for years in the Midwest, don't need to fight it here.

Ranch is Beelzebub's condiment of choice.

My 13 year old puts ranch in everything...except wings. I'll take that as a win.

Edited by Contempt

21 minutes ago, Contempt said:

Ranch is Beelzebub's condiment of choice.

My 13 year old puts ranch in everything...except wings. I'll take that as a win.

Ranch is awesome on BBQ wings.

/ducks.

Edited by SwampD

I hate ranch in general, I don't put it on anything, I hate cool ranch doritos and ranch "flavoured" things as well. Bleu cheese also has to be quality, I've have plenty of terrible BC dips, I usually make my own with buttermilk and gorgonzola, etc. But a top notch BC with Buffalo style pizza (crust) and wings just cannot be topped for my money. 

Just now, SDS said:

Hit me baby one more time. 

Tell Me Reaction GIF by CBS

Unfortunately, ranch dressing is the condiment (or child's dipping sauce, because I love that, @Weave) of choice for almost everyone in America who is south and/or west of Chicago.  

That means that it was pushed on them, not that it is good.

It is not good.  It tastes like weak, sour milk with, I don't know, garlic powder and onion powder?  Maybe?  

It doesn't cling to veggies or whatever one would dare to dip into its hellish and gelatinous substance; it doesn't add flavor or texture to anything; it just is a nothing sauce.

Which speaks excellently to middle America.

If you like ranch, you probably:

*think that bratwurst is just a bigger hot dog

*only order California rolls and the fried ***** at a sushi restaurant

*drink Bud and Miller products--oh wait!  Coors

*go to Red Lobster for fancy night when much better food is available at nicer, local restaurants

*eagerly await pumpkin spice season at Starbucks

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

No music in these days suck and are talentless.

Buffalo people like blue cheese outsiders don't not that big of a deal.

So you agree, then.  Popular does not equal good.

Bleu cheese is part of wings.  You don’t put ranch dressing on a Caesar salad.  You don’t put ketchup on an omelette.  You don’t put ranch on wings.

42 minutes ago, Weave said:

Bleu cheese is part of wings.  You don’t put ranch dressing on a Caesar salad.  You don’t put ketchup on an omelette.  You don’t put ranch on wings.

Listen bub, I'll put ketchup on any darn thing I please! 😛

50 minutes ago, Weave said:

I can guarantee you that people in buffalo use ranch lol

Its not disgusting like the  Examples you made .

Have you tried it btw? 

1 hour ago, Weave said:

And you don’t mess around with Jim…

Xanthan gum, soybean oil, eggyolks - none of that should be in a bleu cheese dressing but it is and while I still prefer those concoctions for wing dipping I can see how they could gross out a lot of people. If they were turned on to an old-school bleu cheese dressing recipe many would turn away from the dark side especially since it's distantly related to ranch.

Ingredients

1 cup sour cream

1 cup mayonnaise

2/3 cup buttermilk

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste

4 ounces blue cheese, finely crumbled

33 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Have you tried it btw? 

Yes I have. It doesn’t belong, unless your goal is to make adult food taste more like children’s food.

7 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I feel like ranch became a thing because it's way cheaper to make vs blue cheese.

Places that adapted wing eating later in the game accepted the newly adapted substitute whereas those that were in the OG wing craze knew better.

Well.. some people can't eat bleu cheese, like me.  That said, I don't use ranch on my wings.  I will however use ranch on my Buffalo chicken finger salad.  I use oil and mayo on my chicken finger sub.. because those need something.

But ranch on wings.. it's okay to just have the hot sauce. Order mild if you can't take the heat.

2 hours ago, ... said:

Xanthan gum, soybean oil, eggyolks - none of that should be in a bleu cheese dressing but it is and while I still prefer those concoctions for wing dipping I can see how they could gross out a lot of people. If they were turned on to an old-school bleu cheese dressing recipe many would turn away from the dark side especially since it's distantly related to ranch.

Ingredients

1 cup sour cream

1 cup mayonnaise

2/3 cup buttermilk

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar

1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste

4 ounces blue cheese, finely crumbled

Amazing how many places will serve a bleu cheese dressing that doesn't have ground black pepper in it.  Add a few shakes and stir it in (that's what the celery's for) and you can salvage it into something that resembles (but only resembles) Marie's.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Have you tried it btw? 

No. They don't.

I have never been offered ranch with wings in WNY, ever.

Ranch is a perfectly cromulent dressing for the supper club salad of iceberg, some carrot shreds, and a couple parcels of red cabbage.

A ranch dressing starter packet is also handy for the base of a sauce for grilled salmon tacos topped with a citrus mango jalapeno salsa.

Bleu is the only way to go with your Buffalo boneless wings though.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Weave said:

What about fancy Dijon ketchup?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.