Adams And Granato Media Availability Wednesday: What Do You Want To hear?

Flashsabre

• Flashsabre changed the title to Adams And Granato Media Availability Wednesday: What Do You Want To hear?
26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

What are the key phrases or topics you want to hear from management to end the season?

For myself I want to hear “upgrades”. Adams acknowledging that some upgrades are needed to make the next step and that they are going to look at everything.

Upgrades.

Yes that is a key term I want to hear but I would like to hear about what skill sets he covets. I know he won’t throw Bryson or Clague under the bus but saying D depth with defensive ability and grit are necessary would be good to hear.

Goaltending.

Was the three headed thing a unique situation due to Anderson or something they will consider going forward. This would indicate that he may not bring in another G and hope the current guys emerge as viable options. I know Levi is in the picture but Comrie/UPL may not be what they need.

• Like (+1) 1

Although they will say it, I don't want to hear about how proud they are of this year, how bright the future is, how the plan is working. I don't want to hear about 3-5 years, or the word development, or anything about steps and progress. 

I want to hear one simple sentence, Our goal next season is to make the playoffs. 

Anything less should be considered failure. That's the spot to set the bar and they need to make the moves needed to make that happen. 

It's time for this team to make losing unacceptable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I want hear him say “we are going to stay the course” and deflect when asked if he expects the team to make the playoffs.

Just to ***** with the posters who think those things mean they don’t want to be good right now.

Edited by dudacek
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

And 91 points. Most in 12 years.

That wasn't because of the defense and goaltending and it's still not in a playoff spot.  Clearly, this front office can evaluate forwards, but so far their record in evaluating and hiring D and G is suspect.

They traded away Montour and allowed Ullmark to walk. Instead, they acquired Hagg, Butcher, Pysyk, Dell, Comrie, Subban, Tokarski, Clague, Stillman and Lyubushkin.

The few pluses on the ledger were the dumping of Risto and the signing of Anderson off the scrap heap.  

The Sabres' GAA in the last 4 years has increased from 3.12 to 3.5 to 3.5 to 3.62.  This is not a positive trend.  Hopefully, Levi cures some of these issues, but he can't do it alone.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I want hear him say “we are going to stay the course” and deflect when asked if he expects the team to make the playoffs.

Just to ***** with the posters who think those things mean they want be and don’t want to be good right now.

Nasty!

If that is the best he can do, the pitchforks will be out.

I think he adds that he won’t jeopardize the future with instant gratification and that he doesn’t want to ring in guys that will block Savoie, Kulich, Rousek, UPL, Levi and Johnson.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That wasn't because of the defense and goaltending.  Clearly, this front office can evaluate forwards, but so far their record in evaluating and hiring D and G is suspect.

They traded away Montour.  Allowed Ullmark to walk, but acquired Hagg, Butcher, Pysyk, Dell, Comrie, Subban, Tokarski, Clague, Stillman and Lyubushkin.

The few pluses on the ledger were the dumping of Risto and the signing of Anderson off the scrap heap.  

The Sabres' GAA in the last 4 years has increased from 3.12 to 3.5 to 3.5 to 3.62.  This is not a positive trend.  Hopefully, Levi cures some of these issues, but he can't do it alone.  

Montour would not be putting up those numbers in Buffalo. It’s too bad the Sabres didn’t realize he could be a PP QB, could have got more for him.

Dahlin is better than him at both ends, while Power and Mule eat up a lot of minutes. He is better than Joki but I don’t like his defensive game, too much of a riverboat gambler.

• Like (+1) 1

It would be nice to hear something to give us some confidence Dahlin is close to a long term extension.

Also something like "We will continue to let our own players develop, but we are at the point where we are going to look more outside the organization for upgrades".

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.