End of the Season Player Quotes

Brawndo

On 4/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, French Collection said:

Jeff opened up quite a bit here, nice to see. He speaks way better than I thought. He seems to think of himself as a young guy, but he obviously has his own leadership style.

Everything new I learn about Jeff Skinner makes me like him more and more.  I'm especially impressed with the.... grace?... he showed when Krueger was holding him back.  A lot of players would have had a chip on their shoulder after that but he did what was asked of him as best he could and didn't complain.  I think he is supremely confident in his own abilities and knows that in the end that will carry the day.  He's also clearly a glue guy in the locker room.  I've said this before:  He seems genuinely happy.  He does his best and then leaves it on the ice and enjoys life off the ice.  It's  a good example he sets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

On 4/19/2023 at 9:38 PM, Doohickie said:

Everything new I learn about Jeff Skinner makes me like him more and more.  I'm especially impressed with the.... grace?... he showed when Krueger was holding him back.  A lot of players would have had a chip on their shoulder after that but he did what was asked of him as best he could and didn't complain.  I think he is supremely confident in his own abilities and knows that in the end that will carry the day.  He's also clearly a glue guy in the locker room.  I've said this before:  He seems genuinely happy.  He does his best and then leaves it on the ice and enjoys life off the ice.  It's  a good example he sets.

Lol.

Z.

Jeff doesn't have grace. He doesn't want grace. He doesn't even say grace.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Lol.

Z.

Jeff doesn't have grace. He doesn't want grace. He doesn't even say grace.

I have never seen a quote from him dissing Krueger.  That has to show you at least a little grace, plus a lot of accountability for his own game and effort.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 2

On 4/19/2023 at 9:38 PM, Doohickie said:

A while back on WGR, Granato was talking about Skinner when he was virtually exiled as a player by Krueger. He said what impressed him about Skinner was that even though his role on the team was severely diminished, he was still one of the hardest workers in practice. The coach noted that he did more post practice individual skill training than any other player. The more that the former coached buried him, the harder that he worked on his game. He had an irrepressible spirit that couldn't be broken by a misguided coach. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

A while back on WGR, Granato was talking about Skinner when he was virtually exiled as a player by Krueger. He said what impressed him about Skinner was that even though his role on the team was severely diminished, he was still one of the hardest workers in practice. The coach noted that he did more post practice individual skill training than any other player. The more that the former coached buried him, the harder that he worked on his game. He had an irrepressible spirit that couldn't be broken by a misguided coach. 

Exactly.  That's what I was talking about.  Consummate professional.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I have never seen a quote from him dissing Krueger.  That has to show you at least a little grace, plus a lot of accountability for his own game and effort.  

I don't know of any high-profile player in any sport with a prominent role on a team who had his role marginalized who wouldn't have in some form publicly express his displeasure. Skinner simply couldn't proficiently play the style of play that Krueger wanted. He put in the effort to adapt to Krueger's system. It wasn't a match and would never be a match. I don't remember any twitter responses or critical comments to reporters about the coach. The player bided his time and allowed time to catch up with the coach's failed approach to the game. 

Another player who had to be frustrated by the shackles of Krueger's approach to the game was Dahlin. I'm not saying that he didn't exhibit any frustration playing for Krueger, but I don't recall any public expression of it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.