Thank you Victor Olofsson

Misanthrope

14 minutes ago, Contempt said:

I appreciate that we can wave 28 goals away so dismissively.

But there would be someone else in his place. How many would they score? How many goals would someone else score who had his spot on the PP first unit?

So it’s not 28 goals. It’s much less. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

But there would be someone else in his place. How many would they score? How many goals would someone else score who had his spot on the PP first unit?

So it’s not 28 goals. It’s much less. 

Maybe, maybe not. I like that we've come to a place where we can debate it though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

VO has one year left. If Adams retains 50% for one year he could probably get a lot of interest. $2 million for 28 goals who can be a weapon on the PP will interest some teams.

He isn't going to retain anything.  How about this we trade VO to Montreal for Edmondson

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I actually don't think he will be able to get much in a trade and will therefore not trade him.

VO is next year's Vinnie Hinostroza. 

Multiple Someones will offer to acquire a 3-time 20+ goal scorer and 3-time 40+ point player in his prime.  There are plenty of teams desperate for goal scorers and VO is that.  Unfortunately for VO, Buffalo no longer needs his talent.  In fact, if KO and Z aren't re-signed and KA trades VO, there will be no Sabres left from the TM or DR eras.  Amerks Murray (TM) and Malone (DR) will then be the only players left in the organization from those eras.

This year alone KA jettisoned TM-era players Fitzgerald and Asplund.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I actually don't think he will be able to get much in a trade and will therefore not trade him.

VO is next year's Vinnie Hinostroza. 

addition by subtraction.  any asset would be an improvement, whether a young guy like Kulich or a draft pick.  vinnie at least provides speed, veteran presence, and effort, unlike VO.  Replacing him with Kulich, even as a young rookie you don't lose much if anything.

• dislike 1

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Multiple Someones will offer to acquire a 3-time 20+ goal scorer and 3-time 40+ point player in his prime.  There are plenty of teams desperate for goal scorers and VO is that.  Unfortunately for VO, Buffalo no longer needs his talent.  In fact, if KO and Z aren't re-signed and KA trades VO, there will be no Sabres left from the TM or DR eras.  Amerks Murray (TM) and Malone (DR) will then be the only players left in the organization from those eras.

This year alone KA jettisoned TM-era players Fitzgerald and Asplund.

The desire to remove him is undoubtedly real. 

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

addition by subtraction.  any asset would be an improvement, whether a young guy like Kulich or a draft pick.  vinnie at least provides speed, veteran presence, and effort, unlike VO.  Replacing him with Kulich, even as a young rookie you don't lose much if anything.

Why do people think other teams will want a guy we don't want? They have scouts and watch video too you know. 

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The desire to remove him is undoubtedly real. 

Why do people think other teams will want a guy we don't want? They have scouts and watch video too you know. 

Are you forgetting what Philly paid us for Ristalainen? 

Just because someone is no longer a fit here doesn’t mean he isn’t a fit in a different system. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Are you forgetting what Philly paid us for Ristalainen? 

Just because someone is no longer a fit here doesn’t mean he isn’t a fit in a different system. 

and as a result Fletcher is currently looking for work 🙂

If VO was stylistically not a fit I'd say sure, but we want him gone because he is a flawed hockey player and the word "lazy" has been used many times by many people. That's not an easy sell. Certainly not for a premium price tag. I will be pleasantly shocked if we get anything better than a 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

and as a result Fletcher is currently looking for work 🙂

If VO was stylistically not a fit I'd say sure, but we want him gone because he is a flawed hockey player and the word "lazy" has been used many times by many people. That's not an easy sell. Certainly not for a premium price tag. I will be pleasantly shocked if we get anything better than a 3rd. 

How many LW’s have scored more goals than VO the last 4 seasons?

The answer is 26.  That’s it.  VO’s 81 goals are 27th among LW over that span.  I think you’ll be surprised by his value just like we were surprised by Risto’s.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How many LW’s have scored more goals than VO the last 4 seasons?

The answer is 26.  That’s it.  VO’s 81 goals are 27th among LW over that span.  I think you’ll be surprised by his value just like we were surprised by Risto’s.

Okay, but if he's that good, why'd you want him gone? 

We shall see. 

I was in the "trade Victor Olofsson" side for awhile but I think all we need is better grinders to replace Okposo and Girgensons, another poster stated if we got rid of these 2 we'd be getting rid of all of our grit which is true but we can find much better replacements imo. JT Compher is a name worth mentioning C/RW could easily replace Okposo at RW and in a C role if need be. Having a 28 G player around regardless of how he gets them is always valuable again imo plus we'll have Kulich/Savoie as soon as this up coming season.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.