GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7pm EDT TV: ESPN+ & MSG-B, Radio: WGR-550

matter2003

Florida has the ability to exploit most of our weaknesses so I'm not overly optimistic. Having said that however, this is possibly a defining moment for the future if they can in fact rise to the occasion, handle the physicality, and give us a solid glimpse of the future. I suspect they will have to play their best game of the year to win and Levi will have to be very good.

How we defend the front of the net will be key.

Wish we had someone who I'd feel confident would smack Tkachuk in the mouth. Maybe Krebs can irritate him enough he draws a dumb penalty and we score on the PP. Fingers crossed. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Florida has the ability to exploit most of our weaknesses so I'm not overly optimistic. Having said that however, this is possibly a defining moment for the future if they can in fact rise to the occasion, handle the physicality, and give us a solid glimpse of the future. I suspect they will have to play their best game of the year to win and Levi will have to be very good.

Wish we had someone who I'd feel confident would smack Tkachuk in the mouth. Maybe Krebs can irritate him enough he draws a dumb penalty and we score on the PP. Fingers crossed. 

If Levi plays well enough to frustrate the Panthers I fully expect Tkachuk to show what a punk-ass DB he is.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Panthers are going with Alex Lyon in net.  Bobrovsky out and Knight out.  

Leone is 6-3-1 3.24 GAA and and .896 SV%. 

Are Lyon and Leone the same person? I've been up since 2am and actually don't know

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I look at the lineups and I think we have better, but much younger, talent.  

As for Tkachuk, let him get penalties and watch from the penalty box, that helps us.  Verhaeghe is the guy we need to shut down.  

2 minutes ago, Stads said:

Are Lyon and Leone the same person? I've been up since 2am and actually don't know

Yes.   Leone means Lion (Lyon).  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

For now, Center Ice still works well for me, as I got a great price and I like the ability to save the games on my DVR and not have to mess around with streaming, particularly when I'm trying to avoid spoilers that tell me the score.

You can replay games on ESPN+ and you can set one of the settings to hide scores.  (For next year)

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

I fully expect Tkachuk to show what a punk-ass DB he is.

"Paging Mr. Greenway to the white courtesy phone.  Mr. Greenway, the white phone."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I look at the lineups and I think we have better, but much younger, talent.  

As for Tkachuk, let him get penalties and watch from the penalty box, that helps us.  Verhaeghe is the guy we need to shut down.  

Yes.   Leone means Lion (Lyon).  

You sure about that?  Maybe with Thompson back the PP won't be hot garbage.  But wouldn't have money on it.

• Like (+1) 1

Oky-Lan Kposobi: Reino, do you want to say hello to your trade-children?

Reino Samidala: Sure.

Kposobi: It's a goalie.

Reino: Levi!

Croon-Tan B: Ee-see-tay oy-dah! (Translation: Oh! And a first rounder!)

Reino: Jiri!

Croon-Tan: For reasons we can't explain, Reino's lost the will to make the playoffs.

Reino: (frustrated at not scoring, somewhat delirious) Levi!

0f9192b1-e368-49a4-962d-8849f1cfaa08_tex

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.