GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7pm EDT TV: ESPN+ & MSG-B, Radio: WGR-550

matter2003

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Hell yes...he just looks different in the net...it's like someone hit the turbo button when he is moving in the crease...dude has next level movement speed.

You must Levi reflexes if you race pods make those saves. 

ElasticObedientAlaskajingle-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I an ready to relearn how to watch games like this 

You must unlearn what you have learned.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a playoff game. I mean, they should all be playoff games for the Sabres but not all the teams they are playing have the same playoff urgency.  This is two teams fighting for who gets a better chance to get in the playoffs. The outcome has a very direct impact... so it will be interesting to see how they face this game and what happens.

I'll hope for the best....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, LTS said:

This is a playoff game. I mean, they should all be playoff games for the Sabres but not all the teams they are playing have the same playoff urgency.  This is two teams fighting for who gets a better chance to get in the playoffs. The outcome has a very direct impact... so it will be interesting to see how they face this game and what happens.

I'll hope for the best....

Also, according to MoneyPuck, the Panthers have more to lose than the Sabres have to gain (FLA's odds of making playoffs drop 22 percentage points versus an 11 point Sabres gain, with a Sabres regulation win).  They will feel the urgency.  I hope the Sabres feel it more.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

You can’t.  You need a vpn.  You can probably sign up for 30 days of NordVPN or similar vpn for about $5.  

Fwiw, I have Nord VPN and ESPN+. I live in the blackout area. When I try to access Sabre games on my iPad (I haven't tried loading my VPN onto my TV (?)), ESPN+ tells me I'm using a VPN and implies that that's naughty (and blocks my access)

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

If there is one thing the last decade + of wandering in the desert has shown me it’s, just watch to be entertained.  ***** the details.  ***** the tiny things. Was it a joy to watch?  The rest brings misery and stress.

Im back to watching like I was 13 again.

This is it. It's all I want. It's all I need.

I know Schopp gets dragged a lot, but I clearly recall him riffing in April or May 2006 about how -- just having seen and interviewed Lindy (who, Schopp related, was sporting sunglasses, a Sabres polo, no jacket, and a Cheshire Cat smile) -- there is no better feeling in all of sports fandom than big stakes hockey in the spring. I agreed then. I agree now.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Also, according to MoneyPuck, the Panthers have more to lose than the Sabres have to gain (FLA's odds of making playoffs drop 22 percentage points versus an 11 point Sabres gain, with a Sabres regulation win).  They will feel the urgency.  I hope the Sabres feel it more.

Makes sense.  If the Cats win tonight, they leap frog the Pens and are tied with the Aisles holding the 1st tiebreaker with a regulation win or going to at least the 3rd tiebreaker with them.

When the Cats lose, they're still out of the playoffs and now have no games in hand on the Aisles and have played 1 more game than the Pens.

When the Sabres win, they still have to get ahead of at least 2 teams that are in front of them though they have games in hand on all so can be ahead of the 1 out of the playoffs by winning the games in hand and tied with another by winning all games in hand and a point behind the last by winning all games in hand.   Though doable, it's still daunting (especially with that home game vs Carolina.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fwiw, I have Nord VPN and ESPN+. I live in the blackout area. When I try to access Sabre games on my iPad (I haven't tried loading my VPN onto my TV (?)), ESPN+ tells me I'm using a VPN and implies that that's naughty (and blocks my access)

Good call -- now that you mention it, I recall that NordVPN didn't work on my ipad either when I was overseas a few months ago, but it did work on my windows laptop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Really wish I could just sit down and watch this one but Tuesdays are Japanese Language and Culture class with the wife. Should be able to get the 3rd period on my phone for the drive home (she will drive). 

The Buffalo fan in me is not optimistic on the outcome, but hope springs eternal. A win in regulation would be a nice step forward for the team. 

Ganbatte Buffalo Katana's!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Really wish I could just sit down and watch this one but Tuesdays are Japanese Language and Culture class with the wife. Should be able to get the 3rd period on my phone for the drive home (she will drive). 

The Buffalo fan in me is not optimistic on the outcome, but hope springs eternal. A win in regulation would be a nice step forward for the team. 

This is exactly the kind of noble sacrifice that builds good karma for the team.  Good man and arigato.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, TheAud said:

The Buffalo fan in me is not optimistic on the outcome

Assuming Levi starts, it really comes down to him... but not so much his performance but whether he gives the rest of the team the confidence to go out and kick ass.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Today you need to do some field research on the legend of Taro Tsjuimoto

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That and the Panthers starting their 3rd string goalie.

Well, their 3rd stringer has played great recently and backstopped their recent 3 game W streak.

Sabres need to approach this like he's Bobrovsky and make him look like the career tweener he is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • dislike 1

Getting antsy. What time do the Sabres skate today so I can stop refreshing for starting goaltender announcement? 

EDIT: 

No morning skate. We won't know the starting goalie until game time. 

Edited by Mango
No morning skate
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I use Express VPN, but I pay for it. It is what it says it is, a VPN. Which is generally good practice anyways to protect your personal information. Basically it just scrambles your VPN so your ISP doesn't know what you are doing or where you are. 

It won't give you the game. But if you did find an illegal feed, Express VPN is something you would want to use to protect yourself from both your ISP and all the nasty stuff that comes from illegal feeds. 

Assuming this board follows the same rules as TBD. If anybody wants more info on how to get the game out of network PM me. 

Most ISPs don't really care. But VPNs are good to get around country restrictions for various things like watching hockey night in Canada broadcasts

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Most ISPs don't really care. But VPNs are good to get around country restrictions for various things like watching hockey night in Canada broadcasts

I use Kodi quite a bit. I don't use it so much for relocating, and more for torrents/protecting my own information when I do torrent.

I will be watching tonight, although on my DVR about 4-5 hours after the actual puck drop.  I'm out of market and on Pacific time, so by the time I get home from work, get the kids settled and family obligations completed, it's around 9 PM Pacific (midnight back in Buffalo).  I'll have to make sure to NOT look at texts and other media all evening - a challenge, but one I face routinely.  Although this may make me sound antiquated, I have the NHL Center Ice package through Directv.  They made me a very attractive pricing offer that I couldn't refuse.  I get all NHL games through this package, except those that are:

• On TNT (which I get anyway)
  • On NHLN (which I get anyway)
  • Are exclusively on ESPN+/Hulu (about 8 of them for the Sabres during the course of the season and which I DO NOT get)

Next year, I will likely be moving on from Directv due to their loss of the NFL ticket, so it will be ESPN+ for me.  My kids will be happy, as I'll probably spring for the Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle.  For now, Center Ice still works well for me, as I got a great price and I like the ability to save the games on my DVR and not have to mess around with streaming, particularly when I'm trying to avoid spoilers that tell me the score.

Go Sabres!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I would love to be optimistic. But I think the Panthers roll the Sabres tonight.

Panthers … 4

Sabres … 2

TNT, Mitts, or Power with a goal

Maybe try not thinking.  Biggest game a Sabres team has faced in a lot of years.  It's a young team, but they know what is at stake.  

I have decided to watch this game with my heart and not my head.  Good luck guys and play loose!

image.png.ed44f84fef599c84748db7efacac3ef3.png

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.