GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Florida Panthers, 7pm EDT TV: ESPN+ & MSG-B, Radio: WGR-550

matter2003

Just now, Taro T said:

That's not true if the game is on TNT.  And per PTR's comments, pretty sure that's not true for NHLN games either.

There are four delivery methods for NHL games:

• Normal regional sports network (RSN, such as MSG) normally carried on ESPN+ for out-of-market customers (subject to blackout, for instance I have to watch the Dallas coverage on Bally Sports through my cable subscription when they play the Stars)
  • TNT, which requires some sort of cable/satellite/streaming bundle package that includes TNT (not on RSN)
  • ESPN+/Hulu exclusive, which is not on the RSN
  • NHL Network, which is not on the RSN

When I do a Game Day Thread I look at the Sabres NHL page (https://www.nhl.com/sabres) to see what the delivery method is and that's what I put in the thread title.  At this point most of us out-of-market people understand that MSG means it's also available on ESPN+ so I don't even mention it.

image.thumb.png.a642bbe814820f95b610955381ef0e74.png

Just now, Zamboni said:

I would love to be optimistic. But I think the Panthers roll the Sabres tonight.

Panthers … 4

Sabres … 2

TNT, Mitts, or Power with a goal

star wars lack of faith GIF

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Biggest game since the Pegula's purchased the team. Sounds like the kid is asking for this one. Let him take it.

Hell yes...he just looks different in the net...it's like someone hit the turbo button when he is moving in the crease...dude has next level movement speed.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Stads said:

I'm working until 7 tonight. If anybody is around Sunrise, Florida this evening and could cause a disturbance, causing the game to start around 8, would be super helpful

"THERE HAVE BEEN REPORTS OF MULTIPLE BOMBS INSIDE OF THE ARENA"

Camera cuts to Tage Thompson practicing one-timers.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Hell yes...he just looks different in the net...it's like someone hit the turbo button when he is moving in the crease...dude has next level movement speed.

His glove noticeably faster than UPL. His first save (which was a lay up), I paused and audibly said "oh, ok". That is significant because I was alone. Ha!

This review always makes me laugh. 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I an ready to relearn how to watch games like this 

If there is one thing the last decade + of wandering in the desert has shown me it’s, just watch to be entertained.  ***** the details.  ***** the tiny things. Was it a joy to watch?  The rest brings misery and stress.

Im back to watching like I was 13 again.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I haven't been this excited/nervous about a Sabres game in so long that I can't quantify it.

I'd love to win tonight and go on to win enough to overtake the Pens and Panthers (overtaking the Isles at this point seems very unlikely). However if we don't win tonight, I just hope we play our ***** off.

We likely squandered our best chances at the playoffs earlier in the season, but our glimmer of hope depends more on this game than any of the others.

These kids need experience in playing in high pressure games like this one if they have any hopes of contending for a cup. The only thing that will really make me mad is if we play terrible.

• Agree 3

54 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That's not true if the game is on TNT.  And per PTR's comments, pretty sure that's not true for NHLN games either.

Oh okay any other technicalities you want to bitch about this morning or just the 6ish games a year on these two worthless stations? 

46 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

There are four delivery methods for NHL games:

• Normal regional sports network (RSN, such as MSG) normally carried on ESPN+ for out-of-market customers (subject to blackout, for instance I have to watch the Dallas coverage on Bally Sports through my cable subscription when they play the Stars)
  • TNT, which requires some sort of cable/satellite/streaming bundle package that includes TNT (not on RSN)
  • ESPN+/Hulu exclusive, which is not on the RSN
  • NHL Network, which is not on the RSN

When I do a Game Day Thread I look at the Sabres NHL page (https://www.nhl.com/sabres) to see what the delivery method is and that's what I put in the thread title.  At this point most of us out-of-market people understand that MSG means it's also available on ESPN+ so I don't even mention it.

image.thumb.png.a642bbe814820f95b610955381ef0e74.png

star wars lack of faith GIF

Exactly. SO when someone writes out ESPN+ and doesn't put MSG, the natural reading is that it is an ESPN+ exclusive game when in fact it isn't. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

All MSG games are on ESPN+ but not all ESPN+ games are on MSG. 

All bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon. 

I guess the last question is if I can get it on ESPN plus if I am signed up in Buffalo, but outside the country for this game...

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh okay any other technicalities you want to bitch about this morning or just the 6ish games a year on these two worthless stations? 

Exactly. SO when someone writes out ESPN+ and doesn't put MSG, the natural reading is that it is an ESPN+ exclusive game when in fact it isn't. 

LOL.  Don't go getting ticked off at others when your pedantry is incorrect.  That's on you, not us.  ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I guess the last question is if I can get it on ESPN plus if I am signed up in Buffalo, but outside the country for this game...

That's going to depend on the country.  You could probably check ESPN+ right now and see if you're getting whatever it's carrying.

Also, if you get DirecTV or Spectrum at home, you might be able to use their websites/apps to watch remotely.  

Edited by Eleven

12 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

You can’t.  You need a vpn.  You can probably sign up for 30 days of NordVPN or similar vpn for about $5.  

1 hour ago, Weave said:

If there is one thing the last decade + of wandering in the desert has shown me it’s, just watch to be entertained.  ***** the details.  ***** the tiny things. Was it a joy to watch?  The rest brings misery and stress.

Im back to watching like I was 13 again.

I hope this turns out like 1973 - tight playoff race against the Red Wings, which Sabres won and made playoffs in 3d season. "Thank you Sabres" as the Habs won the series 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I hate, and love that this game is actually do or die. Anyone know about something called Express VPN to watch?

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Probably a sketchy/illegal option, especially if it's free...

I use Express VPN, but I pay for it. It is what it says it is, a VPN. Which is generally good practice anyways to protect your personal information. Basically it just scrambles your VPN so your ISP doesn't know what you are doing or where you are. 

It won't give you the game. But if you did find an illegal feed, Express VPN is something you would want to use to protect yourself from both your ISP and all the nasty stuff that comes from illegal feeds. 

Assuming this board follows the same rules as TBD. If anybody wants more info on how to get the game out of network PM me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.