April 4th 2023. This is the season.

steveoath

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not a big fan of Italian wine and "sediment" yuck. Get a decanter. 

I'm actually a bit of a wine snob to tell you the truth. I actually fuss over temperature, clarity, type of glass. In the end I'm very satisfied with what I drink, but my bar for decent wine is pretty high. Same for my hockey team. 

Then you must be really happy this year. Bruins are a force. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm actually a bit of a wine snob to tell you the truth. I actually fuss over temperature, clarity, type of glass. In the end I'm very satisfied with what I drink, but my bar for decent wine is pretty high. Same for my hockey team. 

I'm from the peasant class. I don't own a decanter. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

A snob that prefers fresh wine over old wine.

Tv Show Ok GIF by Laff

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Are you seriously trying to imply Stillman is better than Chychrun? lol

He is better than Bryson, but who isn't? 

Well, perhaps the point about Chychrun is that he is pretty injury-prone, and that history should be factored into the price a GM is willing to pay in trade for him.

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Then you must be really happy this year. Bruins are a force. 

Gives me something to watch when the Sabres miss the playoffs. What do you do? Cheer for the Leafs? 11 years and no second team must be painful. 

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm from the peasant class. I don't own a decanter. 

haha. I came from that class. Money does buy a lot of happiness after all. 

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, perhaps the point about Chychrun is that he is pretty injury-prone, and that history should be factored into the price a GM is willing to pay in trade for him.

Ya, injury prone. It's possible. I'm not sure it's true, but it's possible. Is Samuelsson injury prone? Been out twice in his first full season. I'm not sure it's a real thing but defensemen getting hurt when they play the right way is pretty common. This is why the Bruins added Orlov when they already had 7 able bodies. Defensive depth is an essential part of winning hockey and if you don't have it you aren't likely to go far. 

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Gives me something to watch when the Sabres miss the playoffs. What do you do? Cheer for the Leafs? 11 years and no second team must be painful. 

Actually if you really want to know what I do, I pick a team from the Western Conference. This year I will probably pick Seattle. Last year I did Colorado which worked well. I don't cheer for another team in the same conference, in the same division, ALL year. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Actually if you really want to know what I do, I pick a team from the Western Conference. This year I will probably pick Seattle. Last year I did Colorado which worked well. I don't cheer for another team in the same conference, in the same division, ALL year. 

I also pick a Western team and have slightly followed Seattle all year. I also like Minnesota for the way they play and Foligno vs. Foligno in the cup would be pretty cool. 

Also going to cheer against Eichel. Just because. 

58 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Second teams are for the weak.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ya, injury prone. It's possible. I'm not sure it's true, but it's possible. Is Samuelsson injury prone? Been out twice in his first full season. I'm not sure it's a real thing but defensemen getting hurt when they play the right way is pretty common. This is why the Bruins added Orlov when they already had 7 able bodies. Defensive depth is an essential part of winning hockey and if you don't have it you aren't likely to go far. 

YMMV, of course, but I think injury-prone is definitely a real thing.  Some guys (some NHL players, that is, and most human guys) just aren't built to take the NHL pounding, especially on D.

Samuelsson might indeed be injury prone, although there is less of a track record than with Chycrun.  And we didn't have to trade any of the crown jewels for Samuelsson.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

lol, how so? Ask you the same question. What do you watch after the Sabres get eliminated?

Switch "weak" with bored and maybe I'd agree with you. 

I watch anywhere from 1 to 3 hockey games a day all season long even before they are eliminated. I then watch almost every single playoff game possible.

I may or may not have a hockey problem.

There may be some college games thrown in there as well.

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I have money. But my heart is with the peasants. My roots have never left me. 

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I watch anywhere from 1 to 3 hockey games a day all season long even before they are eliminated. I then watch almost every single playoff game possible.

I may or may not have a hockey problem.

There may be some college games thrown in there as well.

I watch a ton of games as well. But do you not cheer for one side or the other? Do you not pick your secondary teams? I find it much more enjoyable if I'm actually invested in the outcomes. 

It's not the same as when your main team wins or loses. I do remember the heartbreak of Sabres playoff losses and the jubilation of wins. Upset wins were so sweet as well. Those wins and losses stick with me. It's satisfying when secondary teams win, but it's far less emotional. Still fun though. 

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have money. But my heart is with the peasants. My roots have never left me. 

Oh I'm the same. I just enjoy some luxuries. I can afford the better wine (not the best wine) and the good coffee and so forth and so I do but I'm still the street walking cheetah with a head full of napalm I always was 🙂

30 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I watch a ton of games as well. But do you not cheer for one side or the other? Do you not pick your secondary teams? I find it much more enjoyable if I'm actually invested in the outcomes. 

It's not the same as when your main team wins or loses. I do remember the heartbreak of Sabres playoff losses and the jubilation of wins. Upset wins were so sweet as well. Those wins and losses stick with me. It's satisfying when secondary teams win, but it's far less emotional. Still fun though. 

I do not pick secondary teams. There are teams that I prefer to win depending on the series (actually, I’m pretty sure that it’s teams I prefer to lose 😂). I’ll root for one team one round, then want them to die a fiery death the next, depending on who they are playing.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.