April 4th 2023. This is the season.

steveoath

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Hell no, UPL in a shoot out???? No, no, just NO!

Give it to Levi and see what happens.

imo Anderson doesn't play another game unless the season is over and we give him last game or last home game as a farewell. 

Florida will bring the physical against us. This game will really show us if this team has what it takes. 

It was a joke,Relax😀

• Haha (+1) 1

As the title of the thread is “This is the season“ and you’re going all in on a kid who has one NHL game under his belt. That’s a bit crazy. He may be an elite goalie eventually but your putting a whole ton of pressure on the kid for no reason. I say stick with Anderson. 

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

No.

Tuesday is Levi day.

This team is forever in blue jeans.

Be careful what you wish for. Putting so much pressure on a rookie, his second game, this team has already shown its not ready to handle that pressure yet, otherwise it wouldn't be in this position to hegin with. I wouldn't want that put on Levi, not yet anyways, just my opinion.

Also, we must realize Granato is fully aware of the situation, I don't see him putting Levi in that position anyways, so if it's to be Anderson or Comrie, I'd want Anderson, again, imho.

• Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Be careful what you wish for. Putting so much pressure on a rookie, his second game, this team has already shown its not ready to handle that pressure yet, otherwise it wouldn't be in this position to hegin with. I wouldn't want that put on Levi, not yet anyways, just my opinion.

Also, we must realize Granato is fully aware of the situation, I don't see him putting Levi in that position anyways, so if it's to be Anderson or Comrie, I'd want Anderson, again, imho.

You honestly think this kid'll buckle under pressure?  You haven't been paying attention to what he's been doing pretty much forever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

You honestly think this kid'll buckle under pressure?  You haven't been paying attention to what he's been doing pretty much forever.

This is the NHL, and Tuesday they'll be facing a grizzled veteran NHL playoff experienced team in a pivotal game that is going to be high pressure. Like I said, I'd prefer the veteran between the pipes.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

I think part of Levi signing is the team agreeing to play him in meaningful games. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get another 2-3 more at least. 

Not to mention, UPL and Comrie have also buckled under pressure. 

Edited by Mango
UPL not Levi 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

This is the NHL, and Tuesday they'll be facing a grizzled veteran NHL playoff experienced team in a pivotal game that is going to be high pressure. Like I said, I'd prefer the veteran between the pipes.

I’d prefer the goalie who gives me the best chance to win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Your choice.  Personally, would prefer the better goalie that gives them the best chance of winning.  That's Mr. Blue Jeans.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

How did he do in his first game against a good team? 

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

How did he do in his first game against a good team? 

He did ok. He made some mistakes as all rookies do but overall made low saves rather well. He does however leave the topside of the met exposed quite often. Many may want him to get that lesson in thus next game, I personally don't, I want the best chance to make the playoffs, again, imho.

And my opinion isn't meant to be a popular one, but I'll stand on it all the same.

11 hours ago, Marvin said:

This season could come down to that stupid kicked goal against the Islanders.  My question is what happens at the end of the season, with an old fashioned 4 games in 5 nights?  I remember even the best Sabres teams dragging at the end of that scenario back in the day.

its brutal. upl and anderson dont inspire anyone. lets let the young cat fire the team up, maybe dude gets real hot. hot goalie, we score a lot. live and die by that to end of reg season and round 1. anyone think we wouldnt get swept 4-0 w/ UPL or Comrie?  if were gunna do anything its gunna be with the kid in net

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.