April 4th 2023. This is the season.

steveoath

Next up we have the Panthers. IMPO the season rests on this game. A win and we're 2 pts from Florida with 2 games less played.

Who plays? I wonder if Levi gets the nod over UPL or Comrie, I want this to happen but I don't think DG plays him. I think he goes with Comrie.

My choice lineup:

Skinner Thompson Tuch 

Peterka Cozens Quinn

Mittelstadt Jost Greenway

Girgs Krebs Okposo

Dahlin Sammy

Power Boosh

Stillman Jokiharju

Levi

What say you SS?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Next up we have the Panthers. IMPO the season rests on this game. A win and we're 2 pts from Florida with 2 games less played.

Who plays? I wonder if Levi gets the nod over UPL or Comrie, I want this to happen but I don't think DG plays him. I think he goes with Comrie.

My choice lineup:

Skinner Thompson Tuch 

Peterka Cozens Quinn

Mittelstadt Jost Greenway

Girgs Krebs Okposo

Dahlin Sammy

Power Boosh

Stillman Jokiharju

Levi

What say you SS?

I think that’s the best lineup they could ice. Mitts seems to have been motivated lately and did well on the first line. Should he and JJ switch to keep him in the top six? 

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I think that’s the best lineup they could ice. Mitts seems to have been motivated lately and did well on the first line. Should he and JJ switch to keep him in the top six? 

No.  

since March 1st JJP is 3rd on the Sabres in points.   Why would anyone want to move him off the line he has chemistry with? 

Edited by Crusader1969
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No.

Tuesday is Levi day.

This team is forever in blue jeans.

Agree… Levi lacks the experience of Anderson… but he brings a new level of speed to the position for us… Admittedly based on one NHL game… but notable to all who saw it…

Quick blocker and snappy glove hand…  Rapid leg sweep across the crease to protect an open net…  

Youth and skill vs Experience and skill… Levi has plenty of top collegiate experience… and a successful game prep process… If I’m DG, I’m going with the kid Tuesday….

And if we win… more

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

I wonder if playing in an area near where his family resides will be a factor in playing the veteran? 

It ####### better not be.  

Granato said 3 weeks ago that personnel decisions will be based on having the best chance at winning.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

It ####### better not be.  

Granato said 3 weeks ago that personnel decisions will be based on having the best chance at winning.

If I'm not mistake didn't Anderson already play a Florida game? I'm with you that I would go with Levi. 

This season could come down to that stupid kicked goal against the Islanders.  My question is what happens at the end of the season, with an old fashioned 4 games in 5 nights?  I remember even the best Sabres teams dragging at the end of that scenario back in the day.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If I'm not mistake didn't Anderson already play a Florida game? I'm with you that I would go with Levi. 

Comrie took the 4-3 loss in gm 2 of the season.
Luukkonen took the 4-1 loss during a mid-January funk.
Anderson got the win --- with 53 saves --- in the late February push to save the season (before the wheels fell off in the first 3 weeks of March)

Everybody gets one.

Levi is up.

I would be happiest to hear Levi is getting the start. 

Anderson plays well in Florida.

Comrie has played well of late (excluding the Dallas debacle)and is in line for a start.

UPL just had a 39 save win.

4 headed monster.

Maybe Donny says screw it and goes early preseason game style:

Levi gets the 1st

Anderson the 2nd

Comrie the 3rd

UPL OT if necessary😛

7 hours ago, steveoath said:

I wonder if Levi gets the nod over UPL or Comrie, I want this to happen but I don't think DG plays him.

Then again, Levi came from Florida's system.  I wouldn't put it past Donny to show them what they could have had. 😈

The ultimate would be Levi stoning Reinhart to secure a shootout win.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

UPL OT if necessary😛

Hell no, UPL in a shoot out???? No, no, just NO!

Give it to Levi and see what happens.

imo Anderson doesn't play another game unless the season is over and we give him last game or last home game as a farewell. 

Florida will bring the physical against us. This game will really show us if this team has what it takes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.