Meaningful Hockey in April!

JoeSchmoe

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

A lot of fans are in that boat as well. They can’t separate the two.

My favorite line is “he better do X, Y, or Z”

oh yea, and if he doesn’t? Whatcha gonna do, not be a fan of the Sabres anymore? 😂

All talk …

From 2016-2023 I didn't buy a single jersey for this team. The only 2 pieces of merch I bought in that entire timeframe was 2 hats. That's what I'm gonna do and continue to do until this team makes the playoffs. 

In March I got a Biron goathead because of nostalgia which broke my streak but that is going to be my only purchase until playoffs return to the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

From 2016-2023 I didn't buy a single jersey for this team. The only 2 pieces of merch I bought in that entire timeframe was 2 hats. That's what I'm gonna do and continue to do until this team makes the playoffs. 

In March I got a Biron goathead because of nostalgia which broke my streak but that is going to be my only purchase until playoffs return to the Sabres. 

........and then there was this really cool sweatshirt I bought back in November, but it doesn't really count because half was paid for with a gift card. There was also the Hasek jersey, but I only bought that because of the Hasek ceremony. Can guarantee you I wont do that again. 

Also grabbed a pair of sabres sandals, but I only wear those at the beach, so not counting those either. The Owen Power t-shirt...well, I was just excited on draft day and made an impulse purchase.

Other than that...I am not buying any sabres merch! I mean it!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

........and then there was this really cool sweatshirt I bought back in November, but it doesn't really count because half was paid for with a gift card. There was also the Hasek jersey, but I only bought that because of the Hasek ceremony. Can guarantee you I wont do that again. 

Also grabbed a pair of sabres sandals, but I only wear those at the beach, so not counting those either. The Owen Power t-shirt...well, I was just excited on draft day and made an impulse purchase.

Other than that...I am not buying any sabres merch! I mean it!

I used to buy 1 jersey and at least 4-5 other things every year. I remember when I worked my college job how I would save up for stuff. Going almost 8 years with only 2 hats was a big deal for me but hey, you don't care. 

Edited by LGR4GM
spelling

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Have you gone to any games over the past few seasons? Just curious. I'm not criticizing or judging because your response is more than reasonable/fair. At least to me it is. This historically inept organization needed to demonstrate to its paying customers that it is serious in providing a credible and entertaining product. In my view, they seem to now be taking that message to heart. 

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am not a jersey buyer. I do own one red Buffalo bisons hockey jersey, that I bought decades ago, one original white home jersey that I bought decades ago, and one black goat head jersey that I bought decades ago. That’s it. All blank on the back. I have a few hats. I spend my money on the season tickets, and I very rarely buy any Merch. I don’t have a moratorium on buying merch because of their record or what they do or do not do as an organization. Everybody is different 👍🏼

Edited by Zamboni

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I used to buy 1 jersey and at least 4-5 other things every year. I remember when I worked my college job how I would save up for stuff. Going almost 8 years with only 2 hats was a big deal for me but hey, you don't care. 

i am sorry. you are not into self deprecation - i will be more careful. 

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

A lot of fans are in that boat as well. They can’t separate the two.

My favorite line is “he better do X, Y, or Z”

oh yea, and if he doesn’t? Whatcha gonna do, not be a fan of the Sabres anymore? 😂

All talk …

I have talked to a lot of friends/family about how I have really enjoyed watching the Sabres again. I know a certain faction of people who text me after every game.

After a win "yeah, well their goals against are historically bad. This is one of the worst teams ever. I can't believe you like them. 

After a loss, "see I told you this team sucks. Just like the ROR, Eichel, etc. problems"

These people (I am talking to you Uncle Tim) are by far the least favorite parts of my Sabres this season. No matter how bad they play, this type of "fan" ruins every game. 

Edit: I will say that post Damar Hamlin, the way I experience Buffalo sports is different. I am just enjoying the ride and the couple hours of cheering, rather than the total holistic investment. A guy laying dead on National TV really changed my perspective on things. 

Edited by Mango
Hamlin
  • Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have talked to a lot of friends/family about how I have really enjoyed watching the Sabres again. I know a certain faction of people who text me after every game.

After a win "yeah, well their goals against are historically bad. This is one of the worst teams ever. I can't believe you like them. 

After a loss, "see I told you this team sucks. Just like the ROR, Eichel, etc. problems"

These people (I am talking to you Uncle Tim) are by far the least favorite parts of my Sabres this season. No matter how bad they play, this type of "fan" ruins every game. 

Edit: I will say that post Damar Hamlin, the way I experience Buffalo sports is different. I am just enjoying the ride and the couple hours of cheering, rather than the total holistic investment. A guy laying dead on National TV really changed my perspective on things. 

***** Uncle Tim 

(I’m sure he’s a nice guy)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Mango said:

We all have an "Uncle Tim" it seems.  

Fortunately, I had 3 other Uncles that were positive no matter what. 

All four are gone, and none if them got to see a Cup or a Super Bowl unfortunately.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

Don’t live this way man.  It’s taking years off your life. 

Nah, I vent about my frustrations with this team here because it's Sabrespace. Team frustrates me often but I don't carry it with me. 

I've survived the last decade by having secondary teams and as long as the leafs keep getting bounced early I'm pretty happy come the end of the season(s). 

I would however like to see the Sabres restored to a top tier position sooner than later, and a cup before I die of old age would be nice, 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.