GDT: Sabres at Flyers-04-01 7:00PM MSG+/NBCS/ESPN+/WGR

PromoTheRobot

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

UPL in net, Levi is backing up

And there was much rejoicing 

For Stillman

I thought Comrie would get the call, but there is DG trying be "fair" in his mind.   

The Sabres better give UPL the same defensive effort that they gave Levi for two periods, only they need to do it all game.   And UPL has to be careful with pucks, cover the puck if there are Flyers around, and control those massive rebounds.  

Stillman over Bryson is a good move, especially for this game. 

Well we have Philly and then tomorrow Philly plays Pittsburgh so this is it. If we win and they beat Pittsburgh we have a possible pathway. If it goes the other way the season's over. Not mathematically, but it is. 

idk, sometimes Philly doesn't show up but if they do we have a lot of trouble with their style and we haven't beaten them yet. We have to get them playing our game and not let them play their game but so far we haven't been able to do that. It all depends on how we manage the areas around the blue paint. 

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well we have Philly and then tomorrow Philly plays Pittsburgh so this is it. If we win and they beat Pittsburgh we have a possible pathway. If it goes the other way the season's over. Not mathematically, but it is. 

idk, sometimes Philly doesn't show up but if they do we have a lot of trouble with their style and we haven't beaten them yet. We have to get them playing our game and not let them play their game but so far we haven't been able to do that. It all depends on how we manage the areas around the blue paint. 

We also need help from Greenway and Stillman on anyone taking liberties tonight.   With Tage out it puts more pressure on The Kid Line.  They need to stand up to these guys and play free.  Anyone runs them, Greenway and Stillman need to help answer that.  

Looks like Carter Hart is still out.  Anyone know who's in net for the Flyers tonight?

Flyers' Carter Hart: Not in Saturday's lineup

Rotowire  8 HRS AGO

Hart (lower body) will not be in the lineup versus Buffalo on Saturday, Bill Meltzer of NHL.com reports.

The Flyers recalled Samuel Ersson on an emergency basis to back up Felix Sandstrom. Hart missed the last two games with the injury. He is 21-21-10 with a 2.90 GAA and .909 save percentage this season. Consider him day-to-day.

8 hours ago, Mango said:

1. Play the kid. Let’s do this!

2. Anybody know where I can get one of the city of Buffalo/Sabres flags they waive on ice. I can’t find them for sale anywhere. 

The flags were given away at game earlier this year (first 10,000 fans kind of thing). I got one, they are nice. Mine is currently hanging just below my TV for inspiration.

Perhaps the BFLO Store will have them. They recently partnered with the Sabres and have lots of swag. Especially at their flagship store.

49 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Every game is a must win. They could afford one OTL at most.

Yes, and every single one of us has been saying that.   

Personally, expect the Sabres can lose to the Canes (they'd better be able to lose that one, as it's extremely likely that's an L).  93 will likely be enough to get in.  If everything breaks their way, 91 might get them there.  They can still get to 95 and that could be what it takes as Pittsburgh doesn't have much in their way after Filly & Joisey.

53 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Starting UPL?

Huh. I did not expect that. He's going to be wound as tight as Cameron Frye in the Howe jersey. So the question becomes: if the team is flat like the previous Flyers games, how long of a leash do you give them before you pull him for Levi?

(And let's go Blue Jackets! Yay for the most irrelevant franchise in hockey! Go get 'em and earn a win over FLA. It'll be good hockey god karma for Bedard!)

If the team is flat for THIS game they deserve to miss the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.