GDT: Sabres at Flyers-04-01 7:00PM MSG+/NBCS/ESPN+/WGR

PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, Mango said:

2. Anybody know where I can get one of the city of Buffalo/Sabres flags they waive on ice. I can’t find them for sale anywhere. 

Maybe take a look at Oxford Pennant?

Buffalo company on Main Street and you can find them online. 20% off this weekend!

4 hours ago, Mango said:
Edited by TheAud
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Quint said:

Bottom line, I trust Comrie more than Luukkonen or Anderson at this point. No professional coach I ever heard of, besides Mario Tremblay in his rookie year, would leave a goalie in for ten goals so I don't think that outing was on Comrie. 

So, what you’re saying is, if Granato had pulled Comrie he wouldn’t have given up 10 goals?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

So, what you’re saying is, if Granato had pulled Comrie he wouldn’t have given up 10 goals?

Comrie gave up 10 goals when his team in front of him quit playing defense. In his next outing against the Islanders the goalie played a sterling game. And it shouldn't be surprising that the team played exceptional defense in front of him in that game. 

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Comrie gave up 10 goals when his team in front of him quit playing defense. In his next outing against the Islanders the goalie played a sterling game. And it shouldn't be surprising that the team played exceptional defense in front of him in that game. 

So, if a team quits playing defense, it’s okay for the goalie to quit trying to stop pucks? 

Also, you missed the joke. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

You guys aren't wrong when applying logic to most people.

I don't know that this applies to Levi. He's not your conventional 21-year-old. He's fit and well-rested. He wants to play. He lives to stop pucks.

Common sense says start Comrie. I'd start Levi. Tonight and against Florida.And maybe beyond for as long as we're in the race.

Because I want to make the playoffs.

Well, I want us to make the playoffs too, not sure what you're implying with that comment, but I don't know how "well-rested" Levi is after the hype of the last few days.

9 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Well, I want us to make the playoffs too, not sure what you're implying with that comment, but I don't know how "well-rested" Levi is after the hype of the last few days.

21 years old, a couple of practices and one game. why would he be tired?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

At least it isn't Anderson. (Realize he's still hurt. Even if he wasn't don't want him anywhere near this game.)

Would rather have had Comrie if Levi isn't getting the start.  Granato - pull him quick if necessary.  This is a must win.

Every game is a must win. They could afford one OTL at most.

Starting UPL?

Huh. I did not expect that. He's going to be wound as tight as Cameron Frye in the Howe jersey. So the question becomes: if the team is flat like the previous Flyers games, how long of a leash do you give them before you pull him for Levi?

(And let's go Blue Jackets! Yay for the most irrelevant franchise in hockey! Go get 'em and earn a win over FLA. It'll be good hockey god karma for Bedard!)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.